You CAN'T Blame Miles...........

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geekboy, Oct 7, 2006.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Agreed, then its the COACHES job to make sure that doesnt happen.
    Thats why he gets paid a ton of money, just saying "Hey get them next time tiger" doesnt work in the SEC.

I am not a bandwagoner, I have been saying Miles needs to go since he got here. Nice guy yes, but will he keep us where we were no of course not, look at his history, 28 point leads blown, blown leads at LSU, calling time outs in the middle of the 3rd and 4th quarter, lack of motivation. Running Hester up the middle in the 3rd down 16 I could go on and on and on.
    I have been saying all along this guy will get us to 6-5 quicker then you think.
    Blast away, just my opinion.

2. destrehan

destrehan Founding Member

JR = culpepper

:(

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the last time we looked that way was when we played ASU and a lot of zone defense. that tends to dictate their mental aggressiveness on d.

offense marched down the field first 2 possessions in the first half til the entire team imploded. aggressive defense was needed once we realized that 3-3-5 wasnt gonna get pressure on leak with underneath stuff continually open in the process.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I agree. And for all those that claim that because we won a NC just a few seasons ago, therefore, we should be dominating everybody, every week because we have superior talent, then what about Oklahoma??

Oklahoma won a NC before playing us in '03 and they MADE IT BACK to the title game in '04--when we were busy watching a Saban-COACHED team lose their focus in route to a last-minute loss to the Hawkeyes in the Capital One Bowl, and a 9-win season.

Stoops is the same in-your-face-bitch-you-out coach that Saban is. OU managed to up us because they MADE IT BACK to the title game the very next year...We didn't.

So far all of those people that still use the 2003 title game as grounds for determining the quality of the team we have now in 2006: grow up! Deal with it! Things don't ALWAYS continue to go your way. You WILL lose some and it's NOT always the fault of the coach hired to replace the icon that CHOSE to leave us.

Everyone wants Saban's in-your-face coaching style because it worked for us in '03 and they'll be damned to think that nothing else will. Well, Stoops has that same coaching style and OU is a LOT worse off than what we are...and they've reached 2 National Title games in the same span of time that we only reached one.