you guys talk about how awesome your defense is...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by crimsonaudio, Sep 20, 2007.

1. crimsonaudio

crimsonaudio Tony Scalia

hehe

*ducks*

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Watch it or you'll be bringing jay-mo to the game with ya!

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I see match up problems happening. I asked in an earlier thread about who covers the 3rd inside receiver because I was curious what kind of match up we'd see vs DJ from your defensive secondary. We've moved him into that position quite often, and with success.

Considering you don't shadow players in your defensive scheme, I can see Bama passing the ball with a lot of success. While you have speed in your safeties and LBers's, it doesn't match up with what he can produce. If that is successful, which I think it will be, it's going to lead to the middle being open for the running game.

While I still don't see us coming out of this with a win, I do think there will be a respect level for what the offense and the play-calling will produce. This is by far a different Bama team than you have faced in a long time.

While some are pointing to the defense being the factor in this game, I think it's going to be what your offense can produce. It's ironic that the QB shuffle may come into play.

4. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

It has been shown by Auburn and especially UK that it is easy to pass over the middle on short routes. The deep balls maybe a different story as a safety will be shading to DJ. Our safeties have good pursuit.

But if our LB's continue to play a zone type defense then the middles routes will be open. Auburn ate that type defense up on several occassions. I've been arguing against the LB's playing that style and think we haven't been getting any pressure on the QB's. Just not enough blitzing and pressure on pocket passing QB's IMO.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I agree.

I fully expect Bama to come out in a pro type spread and throw 5 yard passes all day long to Hall, Grant, and company at the five yard mark.

It will be interesting to see what happens further down the field. Expect Bama to throw it 50 times.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

It will also be interesting to what happens up the field as well. Curtis Taylor - Craig Steltz ? Earth to John Parker, can you hear us ? "Thats just evil there"

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R211e6JdVew[/MEDIA]

7. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

I think a week off will do them more good then anything. As always "scoreboard"!!!

:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet:

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I think you are spot on there. At least, we'll see that to start the game out. I'm anticipating we start of this game much like we did vs UT. Which, is about exactly as you described.

Interesting to see what happens further down the field? If this years stats are any indication, Bama scores.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I love that quote.