You have got to be joking!!!!!

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TwistedTiger, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

You might want to start paying attention. Other than an injury plagued season last year, Joe Horn has put up better numbers than Smith every year.
    Ricky/Deuce better offensive seasons than Davis/Foster. And as far as defense is concerned, In '03 (Super Bowl Season), Carolina's Defense wasn't ranked much higher than the Saints Less than 1 1/2 pt per game difference.

2. clair

clair Rockets

If you're going to try to say the Saints defense over the last few years can compare with the Panthers, and that the Saints have more talent than the Panters, then it isn't even worth posting in this thread anymore. :)

I also find it laughable how you figure Horn was better than Smith in '03... If not for an injury that sat him down all of '04, Smith would be going on 3 straight years with better numbers. YOU might want to pay attention to the fact that Mushin Muhammad was the Panthers #1 a lot of these years, and he and Smith combined blow Horn and any other Saint receiver out the water.

Deuce has rushed for: 1,388, 1,641, and 1,078 in his 3 years as a starter... and has never had a true #2 back that has gotten more than 200-300 yds a year, so let's average generously, and say the Saints get 1,500 rushing yards a year...

Foster has gotten 429, 255, and 879
    Goings has gotten 871
    Davis has gotten 1444, 92, and 549

so again, 2 out of the last 3, the pathers duel backs have outgained the Saints only back...

that specific season you were talking about defensively, the team would be far and away behind the Panthers, but they saved themselves with 2-3 games late once they were already out of the playoffs

this was the same defense that gave up 55 points to Peyton Manning on national TV

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Listen, son. As you may recall, Aaron had a shoulder injury late that season and was hardly effective. He's the reason why we lost the last few games of the season that year. His arm was hanging limply by his side even in that TB game.

Inexplicably, the coaching staff continued to play him, much like LSU stuck with JR this year even as he was ineffective post-wrist injury (aside from a few isolated throws here and there). That's everyone's big beef!

4. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

son?? I didn't know you were his dad? Or was that just an infantile attempt to invalidate his opinion because he is younger than you?

cgisclair has his opinion and you have yours you don't have to insult or discredit him.

I personally think you get into trouble anytime you throw out a blanket claim of racism on a large population. There are multiple reasons that the fans turned against AB. Was race one of them, I don't know. Personally I think it had more to do with performance on the field.

5. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

i think it was the nice smile he put on after he threw an interception

6. clair

clair Rockets

I rest my case.... :)

Yeah, Russell was really ineffective that Bama game, huh?!

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Speaking of paying attention...he said, right there, 'in '03.' That's one year.

Blaming Brooks' ineptitude on his largely-talented supporting cast is silly. It's obvious when a good QB is surrounded by a sub-par offense. This was not the case with Aaron Brooks. He's a terrible decision maker that appears very apathetic to what's happening on the field.

No one thought that Jake would be a Superbowl QB when he left the Saints. He hadn't seen enough action to substantiate such claims. But it's a natural human reaction, not a racially motivated one, Jesse, to long for the player that left your team when he is doing well while the current one stinks.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

His defense carried him, yet you're stating your case to Nutria about how great his offense was. Well, which is it?

9. clair

clair Rockets

he had a lot of offensive talent... he really did, but in the playoffs, I don't remember him playing well until the Superbowl... Like I said in earlier posts, I could be wrong, and if I am, I applogize... the ignorant choose to ignore such things

10. clair

clair Rockets

okay... this will kill 2 cats with 1 stone:

1st off, Deek, Russell was so bad after his injury that he had games of:

16-33 190 yds
    17-21 244 yds
    16-22 208 yds
    16-30 229 yds
    13-22 142 yds
    13-29 194 yds
    11-19 120 yds

and in this span, he had 8 TDs and 5 ints...

so if this is what he does when he is bad, then I hate to see what he will do when he is playing well

and Point #2 is that I never doubted the Saints offensive talent. I just said Carolina had more, which I think they did. But the Saints, thanks to Brooks always averaged near the top in the league.

In 2002, they scored over 25 points in TEN games... but they only won 9 games in the whole season...

they scored over 30 and lost TWICE...

yeah, that is the QB's fault...

in 03, the defense gave up 20 points or more in 8 games; including 25 or more in four games.

00 and 01 wasn't so bad, b/c the defense really was quite good then hence the team having success, and 04 and 05 was REAL bad, b/c the team just plain sucked

but how can a QB be expected to do anything when he knows he needs to score 30 points ot have a chance to win?!

Do you guys ever think that maybe his bad decisions is b/c he knew he had to score everytime he had the ball?