You know what...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Dec 8, 2003.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

USC isn't playing for THE national title. Go to their official sports webpage and you will see that they, of couse, all proclaim that they are playing for the national title. I realize that we would be saying the same thing if we were in their shoes, but we are not...

The fact remains that the PAC-10 signed an agreement to be part of the BCS and that agreement meant that USC would abide and recognize the winner of the BCS national title, as the champion. They signed an agreement and knew exactly how this system works. Its not like someone went in a tinkered it so USC would be excluded. They have played under the BCS for quite some time and they understand its nature. I feel for, I really do...but until the system is changed, their "national title game" is moot....

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I don't fault USC at all ... if we were in their shoes, we would be doing the same thing!

USC deserves to be playing LSU in the Sugar Bowl...

3. DallasLSU

No, like I said, I don't fault them....but its not like they didn't know the system. They should be blaming the Pac-10 for their woes. Had the Pac-10 actually had a good year, they would probably be in the NC game....

But until they BCS is abondoned, they need to stop the "we are playing for the NC" crap....

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Dallas I hear ya brother, unfortunately we have those that BUY into the media hype. Propaganda machine that they are. It sells man it sells contreversey sells.

5. Russell Durham

Russell Durham Founding Member

But unlike USC if it were the Tigers left out of the Sugar Bowl everyone and their brother in the media would be saying the two best teams made it. Everyone here knows that is the truth, we have got no love all year from anyone but CollegeFootballNews. I put it like this there would not be the uproar there is now, and the funny thing is if Georgia doesn't fall out of the top ten or if it was Florida we would have played then we would have more than likely been the number one team in the BCS.

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I agree. I'd much rather be in the Sugar Bowl and hated for it than to be left out and crying foul. Lord knows if we were the ones left out, there would be no BCS controversy.

7. DallasLSU

Bottom line is that USC knew the system before getting into it...It was like USC all of a sudden was thrown into the BCS. They have been a part of it for years and all of a sudden...when the BCS does what it was intended to do...they cry foul. I kinda wish we could play USC so we could kick the shit out of them and have cry even more...

8. DarkHornet

Well, to be fair, the BCS was NEVER intended to make the No. 1 in the human polls sit out of the CG. I agree however that they are hypocritical because just last week they said the system worked because USC was ahead of LSU "as it should be."

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The funniest thing is this: after Notre Dame lost on Saturday afternoon, the writing was on the wall, the icing was on the cake. The media already knew that an LSU win would put us into the Sugar Bowl. USC hasn't even picked up on that, yet, because they're so busy blaming Oklahoma--but LSU kept them out.

10. DarkHornet

That was so great to see the USC fans with Sugar in the stands. I was sitting there thinking, don't they know that Notre Dame game up in New York probably just cost them the Sugar Bowl. I equat the whole thing to Kentucky dumping the Gatorade on the coach right before the Bluegrass Miracle.