You thnk refs ruined the LSU/Auburn game OU got it just as bad

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Sep 16, 2006.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Will never happen. That would open a whole can of worms for teams to petition that certain calls were blown that changed the outcome of their game.

It was really a blown call but the L for OU won't change.

2. lsuk

lsuk Founding Member

the loss is not taken away but the refs have been suspended for one game by the pac 10. just heard it on the news

3. lsuk

lsuk Founding Member

4. Geaux4LSU

Geaux4LSU Founding Member

i used to think the appology was worthless but with what the SEC said about the LSU calls i'll say this to OU fans. it wont change to outcome but its better then an outright denial of the obvious.

5. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Couldn't happen to a nicer crew. Well, maybe it could, but I am glad it happened to you guys. I don't like OU. Sorry. And I don't like OK. A guy out here told me that his son was at the game, and that even the OU band was talking trash with 4 minutes to go in the game. None of these people talked trash before the game, but started running their yappers with 4 minutes left. He also told me that he was at the Holiday Bowl last year and the same thing happened. You guys were all class until it became apparent that OU would win. At that point, the trash talking came out. Not good.

I guess the reason I didn't hear you guys trash talking at the Superdome for the Sugar Bowl was because you guys had no trash to talk about. I thought you guys were classy, but now I know you guys were just defeated from the time you arrived into the city until the time you went home. :lol:

Ok, enough trash-talking on my part. Even having said all of that, I agree. You guys got screwed and that wasn't right.

Just to bolster my point about some OU fans acting in a classless way, ESPN is reporting this:

Boy, they are showing their bad side now:

Replay official reports death threat; can't eat, sleepAssociated Press

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The instant replay official whose failure to overturn a bad call led to a narrow Oregon victory over Oklahoma said Monday he feels like he is under siege after threatening phone calls, including a death threat.

Gordon Riese said he would make a decision soon about whether to finish the season, or even whether to return next year.

"I'm struggling with it," Riese said in an interview at his home. "I feel so bad I missed that call, it's driving me crazy."

A former college baseball pitcher in the 1960s who was inducted into the Portland State Hall of Fame in 1997, Riese said he never played football but always enjoyed the game during 28 years as a Pacific-10 Conference official.

"I loved it, I absolutely loved it," Riese said.

But that was before he became an instant replay official.

"I've felt much, much more pressure as an instant replay official than I ever did on the field," Riese said.

He said the equipment is not as sophisticated as NFL replay equipment and does not allow the official to freeze the frame. But Riese lays the blame on himself after replays showed that an onside kick was touched by an Oregon player before it had traveled the required 10 yards. The Ducks went on to score the go-ahead touchdown.

"I can't sleep, I can't eat, my blood pressure is skyrocketing," Riese said, looking haggard and worn as he sat on the front porch of his house.

His wife is a registered nurse, and has been checking his blood pressure every four hours, he said.

Riese said he has stopped answering the phone, and police are investigating the threatening calls while keeping an eye on his neighborhood.

"They not only threatened me, they threatened my wife and kids," Riese said.

Riese has

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2593870

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I tell you if someone threatened my wife and kids for something I did I don't care if it was all talk I'd take care of you if I found out who you were...that is the lowest of all lows.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I don't think it will happen either, and I think that is really pushing it. I think that an apology and a one game suspension for the refs is pretty damned big. Especially when you look at what LSU didn't get, other than a kick in the butt from the conference.

Stoops is still whining about this like a 3-year old. (An insult to 3-year olds.) In fact, I just turned on the tv for the noon news, and Stoops is holding a press conference whining about it all. LOL. He just said he isn't whining. Even though he is saying it hasn't been made right.

Stoops is such a douche!

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

At least action was taken against the refs.

9. UF96NC

UF96NC Founding Member

10. sojon

sojon Founding Member

you're probably right - our defense looks like ****e
    but there isnt anybody on our schedule outside of texas that you could say that should beat us

it is a sad, thing, the death threats and all
    all i can say is, i didnt do it

as far as the OU band talking trash at oregon; i was told by a band member (plays trumpet) that oregon was by far the worst venue he had ever been to (in 4 years) and that oregon fans were nearly constantly throwing food and drinks at the band.
    he said one tuba player got physically assaulted by oregon fans.

okie tiger, i think you're just extremely biased
    i dont see how stoops handled this wrong and i dont see how miles handled it any better about your guys situation
    if i was a coach of the team that had a win at a rival stadium in the top 25 when you were the underdog anyhow taken away i would be bitching about it also

the refs didnt give oregon the win, but they took a sure win away from us
    if the right call is made, im fairly confident OU can kneel the ball down 4 times successfully