You Want Your Tigers in the Sugar Bowl? Here's How

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Dec 1, 2003.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

The answer here is yes, easily.

All we'd lose is a measly .1 quality win bonus and we'd gain at least .5 (by getting to #2 in one poll). Remember, margin of victory no longer matters to the computers, so we could win 11-10 or 110-0 and the only difference it'd make computer-wise is .1 point less (again, offset by a net .4 gain).

C'mon, there's no way these guys (especially the AP) do not collude to a degree with the voting. Didn't somebody mention earlier that CARL DUBOIS said "a number" of AP voters would consider switching to LSU if the Tigers win this Saturday? You think these guys don't talk about their votes, especially under these circumstances?

If LSU hammers Georgia, ranking us #2 in one of the polls would be, I think, universally seen as being "fair" since none of the voters could, in all good conscience, say that USC is a unquestioned #2...with the fact that doing so puts us at #2 in the Dec. 8 BCS ranking a nice added benefit, I'd say.

Looking at it this way, one can say we do indeed control our own destiny.:geaux:

2. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

I hope you're right! In reality, it will be a tough game for LSU to win, but I think they can and will do it. Will they have the luxury of deciding how many points to win by? Not likely, but I'd love for that to be the case.