Young Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by $TigerFan$, Sep 3, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Did you also notice that it was almost and entirely different D line they were facing? Wait, don't they (Wisc) run a 3-4? I think they do. How many of their starters went down? I think it was wait a minute, one, two, oh yeah, it was 3. That couldn't have a damn thing to do with it though. Nah

Rolan likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Hey, I've had the fortune of having some teams where my 2nd string still outplayed the other teams' starters. Jus sayin.

GregLSU and shane0911 like this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Like I said before, they play a number of players, rotate them in. This was a physical game, very physical, having guys go down is part of football. They had a number of Red-Shirt players on both sides of the ball. I've been looking, this may be one of if not the youngest teams Les has had at LSU. Godchaux played between 10-15 plays, a kid just out of high school, almost two years removed from playing in a football game. The OL of Wisconsin had 3 R-S Srs, a R-S Jr and a R-S Soph, they out weighted most players, had more age, that just about everyone on our D. LSU hung with them for 4 quarters.
    At times I was seeing a high school kid going against a 23-24 year old Man, an doing very well I might add. Mike Detillier said that all of this W line would make it into an NFL camp, do think we see another line like this one again this year.
    Our line hasn't had the luxury of getting guys the Red-Shirt, yet W were the ones going down. Pocic, La'el and Alexander played as TF, Hawk took a Red-Shirt and Hoko played at JC two years before coming to LSU.

4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

you really gonna use sconsin losing a couple of d players as an excuse for lsu winning? that dog don't hunt. they passed for 50 total yards

didit and LSUDad like this.
  5. shane0911

Right, not taking anything away from the O line, just saying that Wisconsin losing those hosses up front in the first half sure as hell didn't complicate things for anyone wearing purple and gold. Horse is dead. Time to talk about little sisters of the poor.

6. shane0911

Nope, not what I said.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I remember some lsu offenses (not so long ago) that couldn't penetrate a wet paper bag. I can understand not coronating us world beaters, but I think we saw something that can be built on; and not just in the future, I mean this season. Horse may be dark, but I don't think it's dead yet.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. shane0911

Completely agree. The horse is last week's game.

Time to move on

9. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Are we really that young?

We have experiece on the OL, RB, TE, DE, MLB, OLB, and a few experienced guys in the secondary. By experience I mean they played or started last year.

We're young at QB, DT, and WR for sure. Some youth in the secondary too, but loads of talent there.

I agree that we had 2 new starter's on the OLine, but this is LSU. We've got at least 12 or 13 OL on scholarship (All 4 and 3 star recruits).

I honestly think we just didn't start out well. Credit to Wisconsin for this also. They played great until we took over. The rest has been discussed at lenght.

titoabad1 and shane0911 like this.
  10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Heck, I wish end could have played against all first string guys last year vs Ole Miss! Anyway, from what I saw the OL weren't getting physically whipped at the point of attack, they were missing their assignments. That's a huge thing in my mind, and when they all got on the same page the holes opened up for the most part. We won't know for sure if this gets remedied until we get to MSU & the rest of the SEC schedule but I'm thinking Pocic and the crew get great experience the next two weeks. You know we'll see many of the same stunts from these defenses. Grimes coaching abilities is on the clock.

P&G_wheelz007 likes this.