Your Boy Tenuta

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cristof11, Dec 31, 2007.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

plus the likes of Bama, Tennessee , USCe, FSU, Florida, and even LSU getting their hands on a couple of good players as well.

not much left after that happens

2. batiger

batiger Founding Member

Then Trust them to make the correct hire!!!

3. philter

philter Founding Member

Pelini was not much of a traveler...he went on some recruiting trips, but mainly stayed nearby in state. If Tenuta disliked (they all do, but you get my drift) recruiting or was not that great at it, he could be assigned an area that is as easy as asking "wanna come to LSU?".

4. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

I guess that by your comment, you don't think that any of our defensive position coaches can become DC.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Likely Pelini's area, Lafayette.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Big mistake to judge someone by a single game. Look at his stats over the last few years and you will get a better perspective and understand why he is so well respected.

7. Bengal Buddy

The only LSU coach with the qualifications for DC is Mallory. Miles cannot limit his choice to that one person, but has to look outside the system to find the best possible fit. There are a number of highly respected DCs out there who would probably come to Tiger Town. Having an "outside/insider" mentality in not the best way to establish success. You shoot for the best person you can get, regardless of his location.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I agree that whether they are inside or outside the system should not be considered. We must hire the best that we can find.

I disagree that the only internally qualified candidate is Mallory though. Our DLine coach, Dunbar, was a DC before.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

He was also our DLine coach before. He's with some NFL team now, I think Chicago. I saw him during a game the other day.

10. Bengal Buddy

Yes he does. He was DC at Middle Tennesse and Houston. But in my opinion Peveto has done a poor job coaching special teams. I don't think he needs to be promoted to DC. If anything he needs to be let go.