Your Boy Tenuta

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cristof11, Dec 31, 2007.

1. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

Or we could just have somebody better lined up already.:wink:

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I would tend to believe that they already found one, just not telling yet until after the NC game.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes but you couldn't keep the DC you had with that amount, why is that?

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Dunno, ... what's the reason given by Jimbo Fisher?

5. RickydSr

RickydSr Founding Member

Les did not hire Jimbo but gave him an opportunity, on the other hand, "EARS" did pick CWM. :)

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

With Fisher, it was pretty obvious. He wanted to be a head coach, soon. saban knew it, Jimbo talked every year, and some smaller schools wanted him. He had passed up those offers, thinking he could land a bigger head coach job. Plus, saban was a defensive coach and he left Jimbo alone. When saban left Jimbo was interviewed, but Miles got the job. Miles retained Jimbo, but Miles is an offensive coach, and Jimbo was not just left alone. Plus, Jimbo saw that Miles was being successful, and we still pretty young in his mid 50's. Now FSU is an attractive gig, with good tradition, if Bowden would step down, and in his late 70's that's getting closer every day. FSU was willing to put in writing a commitment to Fisher, including a nice buyout if they DON'T make him the head coach, which shows they really are committed to him. If I'm Jimbo, I'd do exactly what he did. It's his best shot at what he wants, the opportunity to be a head coach at a big time school. He's just got to wait a bit.

Now, why did Muschamp leave, and Chizic, and both go to Austin? (mostly interested in Muschamp)

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Fisher was told he would be the next HC at FSU, I doubt WM got the same deal.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Texas message boards are saying he did. I don't understand why though, as I didn't think Mack Brown was near retirement.

9. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

Muschamp is a few years away from being ready to take over a program like Texas so he might have to wait 3-5 yrs.

10. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Hey we are putting trees across I-85 from Atlanta to Montgomery so Tenuta has to make a detour thru Auburn before he gets to BR. I would love to have him as a replacement for Muschamp.