Your Boy Tenuta

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cristof11, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Yes, but what if he flies? :wave:

2. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

I'm sure you would.:grin:Do you have anything on him being in talks or the such, or just wishful thinking?

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Whoever CTT hires for AU I will be ok with. The more I read about Tenuta, however, I think he would not be a good fit at AU. I don't think CTT would be hands off of the D enough to please either party. I also think the recruiting issue I mentioned earlier goes beyond recruiting to GT.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Generally speaking, coordinators are not hired for their recruiting abilities. The rest of the staff does most of the leg work & it's an essential part of their jobs - not so much for a coordinator.

5. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

That was my initial feeling as to why WM wanted out....

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

The only recruiting a defensive coordinator needs to do is keep his defense ranked among the top defensive units in the nation. Once they do that, high profile recruits take notice.

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Most coaches recruit areas, not just their side of the ball. Coordinators may be primarily closers, but it is a plus if they can be a usable resource to help team objectives. CWM was a good recruiter, hate to lose that in the next guy.

8. dudley

dudley oops!

Will Muschamp was hired by Mack Brown to fix the UT defense, plain and simple. There have been grumblings but no real talk of replacing Mack Brown. WM is not ready to be a head coach, at least not yet. He needs to quit running up and down the sideline like some 20 year old and calling the opposing teams players MFs. In this morning's Austin (un)American-Statesman Kirk Bohls, who is usually wrong, has Tenuta perhaps to Auburn, WM moving on to a head coaching job in 4-5 years, and then Mack Brown calling on Tenuta to replace WM. LOL!:lol:

My main point is this. Why would Tenuta go to Aubarn where the next step is another DC job at a better school, when he could go to LSU (if he's offered), where the next step is a HC job.

9. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Sunday, as in last night Sunday? Did I miss something?