Your excitement level for the BCS Championship game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by houtiger, Dec 16, 2007.

?

How excited are you to be playing in the 2008 BCS Championship game, compared to 2004

Poll closed Jan 7, 2008.
  1. I'm more excited, this will put a cap on a great decade of 2000!

57.1%
  2. My excitement level is the same, a championship game is a championship game!

35.7%
  3. I am less excited, this is getting old hat...

7.1%
  4. Other, I know my coonie buds will have some smart alec remark bout this down below!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I am started to get REALLY excited.

-UM finally hired a coach, so that story is now 100% dead dead dead!!!
    -Recruiting has hit its dead period.
    -Players and coaches begin practice today for the NC game.

IMO, as gameday gets closer and closer, the excitement will pick up considerably!!!

This is a chance at HISTORY!!!

:crystal: :champs: :crystal: :champs: :crystal:

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I am more excited however I am not ready to put a cap on the decade of 2000. I am a greedy bastard and want two more before 011 begins! :cool:

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

hats and Tigers and caps Oh My!

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

my excitement is the same because it's the freakin national championship, people!!!

but i do have to say my anxiety is worse. when we played OU (a team people were touting as the greatest ever before the KSU loss) i was worried they would be thinking of avenging their big 12 (oops my bad i mean big XII) cg game loss and would come out guns blazing. i guess i fel like we had less to lose in that game so i didn't really think the pressure was on us.

this year is different, most are picking us and i find that LSU historically plays better when an underdog. so my anxiety is far worse than '04. but then i think about how we got into this game and it's all just gravy anyway right??

nah, f-that, i need another :crystal: . :thumb: :tigereye:

5. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Slightly less excited. I think the week before all that will change.

6. LuvinLes

LuvinLes Founding Member

I remember waiting and watching Hawaii in 2003 as well, and being sooo ticked that Oklahoma got in even though they lost their conference game... to Kansas I believe...We were elated, for LSU though.:geaux:

This time, no one believed me that Pitt just might win...Mizzou going down yes, but not West Virginia, not this year...then the phone started ringing, the text messages started and people began to believe...it was awesome b/c I just knew if Pitt won and Mizzou lost we would go...literally...We got our tickets and we're going....so this times better!!! But in reality, they're all good:thumb:

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

In '03, we kind of came out of nowhere and snuck in. Thanks to a blow-out when over UGA, and a OU loss in their conf champ game.

This year has been WILD, to say the least. We've been "highly ranked all year". (Another CLM quote) We knew we had the team to get there, but needed a little luck, or good fortune for it to happen.

One of the team's goals was to win the NC.

After our loss to R-kansas, there were many things that had to happen in order for us to get to the NC game. All of it happened and therefore it almost feels like destiny....

It feels like its supposed to happen.

Now, the team that takes the field on Jan 7th needs to go out there and destroy Slow-HI-O State.

I'm FIRED UP!!!

:crystal: :geaux: :crystal: :geaux: :crystal:

8. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

The only reason I'm more excited this time around is because I don't have any other distractions. In 2004, my wife was in labor during the game. I remember she was upset because I took over the TV in the Hospital room to watch the game and the nurses would come in to check the score. Needless to say, my son left the hospital in LSU gear.