Your favorite cartoon character?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by mesquite tiger, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Charlie Brown

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

3. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

My 2nd favorite character from Futurama, behind Dr. Zoidberg, is the tiny tim robot. Futurama is easily the 2nd best show on tv behind Robot Chicken.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

i heard today that billy west (voice of fry and others) says futurama is returning with new episodes.

thats true, but one thing i give them credit for is stirring up controversy. particularly with this latest thing with comedy central not replaying the tom cruise scientology episode. i like them starting a dialogue that makes people taunt religions as stupid.

predictably, i would prefer it if we were taunting the mainstream religions instead of a religion that most people already recognize as quackery. for whatever reason most people already hate scientology. we should devote our energies to hitting the popular religions, not the easy targets. still though, i commend south park for hittng tom cruise hard.

5. MCab

MCab Founding Member

Bugs.

Bugs is awesome.

Debonair, yet goofy, Clark Gable meets Dane Cook.

Popeye is quality, especially the old ones with great dialog: "Pardon me, where is the entrance to the exit?"

Futurama is brilliant. Fry's grandma is hot "How about these sugar cookies?"

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I had heard this too, and it was even mentioned on West's website earlier in the year. this is a rumor of course, driven by the renewed success of Family Guy and Futurama's cult-like following late night on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. If Matt G will agree to do more episodes and focus a little less on the Simpsons, I think that would be excellent.

As for South Park and Tom Cruise, it is hard to believe that one person (Cruise) could have so much influence. Of course he will deny this is the truth, but if I was Paramount I would have told him that if he doesnot promote MI:3 he would not get his $$$$$$$$ - F You Tommy Boy

7. col reb

col reb Founding Member

One of my favorites is the one I call the Bashful Buzzard. He makes me laugh. Don't know that he ever really had a name. Also like Stinky LePhew. Leghorn. Wiley Coyote. Daffy. Those were the days. Today's cartoons seem to blow someone up and then laugh about it.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The writers of South Park make fun of Catholicism, Judaism, and Mormons all the time. They made a whole movie to make fun of Islam.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

anyone who likes cartoons beyond age 12 is pretty stupid.

also, E is his initial. Wile E. Coyote. I watched it last night.

wasn't aquaman a part of the superfriends group or was he an independent contractor?

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

not in the same brutal way. nobody taunts christianity with the proper condescension. nobody brings it the way they should. the south park guys released that statement recently:

""So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies...."Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"

you dont get that sort of talk about christianity. ever. nobody totally treats christians like idiot children, the way they are blowing apart scientologists.

for instance you would never see a south park that rips john kerry a new ******* because he is catholic. but you should. you would never see john kerry in cartoon form on south park saying:

"i drink the blood of my god! i eat his flesh! i eat literal flesh in this ritual i call the eucharist! the flesh of the alien that was inserted into the virgin by the superghost!!"

when they punish christian celebrities like that, then i will be happy.

oh, and the bad news for me and el stupendo fanatico is that my rumor about futurama episode returning to tv has not held up and it looks like it will not happen.