Your first time at Tiger Stadium was......?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Dec 3, 2003.

1. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

My first year/first game at LSU as an undergrad.

1983 - Florida State.

We had defeated them the year before to go to the Orange Bowl and expectations were HIGH.

We lost that first game and the season was pretty much over. Stovall was fired at the end of the year.

I had been to a few Tulane/LSU games in old Tulane Stadium and in the Dome, but before I arrived on campus as an undergrad, I had never been to Tiger STadium for a game.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

1979, when I was in 4th grade, against Kentucky with my dad. I was so proud that he chose to take me to the game.

I went several other times before my freshman year in 1988, the first game of which was the shut-out of the Aggies (but I honestly don't remember much from that contest because I tried rum and Coke for the first time at a pregame party. Had a good time, though.)

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

LSU vs. Tulane, 2001 was my first game at Tiger Stadium. 45-17. The only other game ive been to at Tiger Stadium was this years Georgia game. Being from Atlanta, however, I went to both Peach Bowls and the 2002 SEC Championship Game. I'll always remember my first game in Tiger Stadium though.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

First game was in about 1985 vs. Wichita St. I think we won 47-7. I was about 8 yrs old and remember everyone running to the stadium. I asked my dad if this was one of the LSU traditions he always talked about and he said, "No, there's a train coming. We need to run really fast to beat it so we don't miss kickoff!"

First game as a student was Auburn in 1995, bring back the Magic. Had to work an 8-5 shift at Ruby Tuesday, ended up stopping at my Plantation Trace apt to make a flask and walked to the stadium because everyone had already gone to campus. While walking down Highland, this one middle aged guy was playing some Zeppelin with his windows down and kept passing me up, then I'd pass him up, etc. Anyway, I asked him for a lift and he took me a little closer to campus.

They interviewed me on the local news waiting in line for student tickets a couple of days before the Auburn game and called me "Trey Coon" for some reason. My roomate liked that and called me T. Coon for the rest of the semester.

I was at the Eddie / Miss St. game too. Our seats were even with the goaline so it was like, "Eddie, NOOOOO, what are you doing, man he was lucky to get out of the endzone, he might go all the way, he SCCOOORREEESSS - T - I - G - E - R - S"

5. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

My first game was 1965 (?): LSU vs Florida. There was a reunion of my dad's forestry school class of 1949. We had dinner at the brand new Student Union and then went to the game. Our seats were on the very top row of the south end zone, right beneath the score board. Florida won behind the passing of Steve Spurrier and the running of Larry Smith.

I was about 9 years old and recall being awed by the sheer size of everything. We walked around the north side of the stadium and I remember looking up into the windows of the old equipment room and you could see the LSU helmets hanging on a rack up there. It was the first time I had seen LSU's helmets in color and was surprised to find that they were yellow instead of "gold" (like on my LSU bobblehead doll, which I still have). That was back during the era of black and white TV and photographs, for all you whippersnappers.

Red, 1973 was my freshman year as well and I also recall my first game as a student - the season opener at home against Colorado. Then came the game against Texas A&M and Carl Roaches nearly ran back another kickoff, but Robert Dow (who had been blocked off his feet) got up and ran him down on about the 5 yard line. LSU's defense then kept the Aggies out of the end zone. Great memories.

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

mine was 1984 versus Alabama. I was 9 years old and witnessed a 14-14 tie. For some odd reason I remember LSU should have won that game...missed field goals. went with my grandpa and grandma, just like I did last week versus Arky. Thank you Lord for grandparents with season tickets!

7. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

UTEP game in 1997

My first year of graduate school.

8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

1997. LSU vs. Auburn. Great game, but we didn't pull it out. That was my freshman year.

9. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

First game: 87 vs. Kentucky
    Second game: The Earthquake of 88

10. hhstigerdad

hhstigerdad Founding Member

My first one was in 1962, I think...

I was 11 or 12 years old. We played North Carolina, with a guy by the name of Roman Gabriel as QB, and beat them 20-3. Went with a buddy and his dad. Had dinner in the Union, saw the Golden Band From Tiger Land come down the hill. At the end of the game, as the band was leaving, they were shouting "Go To Hell Ole Miss, Go To Hell." I've been hooked since that day.

GEAUX TIGERS, KICK GEORGIA'S ASS!!!!!!!:eek:ldskule: :lsup: