Your first time at Tiger Stadium was......?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Dec 3, 2003.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Same here--but I know it was the late '80's and Hodson was still QB.

2. AustinLSU

AustinLSU Freshman

It was

The Ole Miss game after the #1 FLA game. I was actually working for the AV Dept. Ah that was a good job. Eatin food from the pressbox while watching an LSU game. *sigh*

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Mine was in the early 90s against Arkansas. It was the last game of the season and LSU sucked that year. The temperature was in the 30's with a strong north breeze. Maybe 20,000 people were in the stadium. My friend and I went and sat in the Upper South endzone directly behind the goalposts and we had the entire section and sections on either side to ourselves. I can't remember who won the game but I can remember being colder than I even had been in my life.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

November 1, 1980.... Ole Miss....

We sent 'em to hell....

LSU - 38
    Ole Miss - 16

5. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I think I remember what game you're talking about, Mike. I refer to it as the hottest/coldest I've ever been at a football game. I sat on the east side and the sun was beating down. I had quite a bit of clothes on because a cold front was coming through and it was to get really, really, cold. But, man, that sun was hot! As soon as it got behind the West Upper Deck, the temperature dropped, like, a gazillion degrees, and I froze my nads off! It didn't help that those two Arkansas running backs (can't remember their names) kept breaking off long runs against the Tigers!

6. iluvdatiger

iluvdatiger Founding Member

first time

I've been going as long as I can remember, but when I moved away, then came back after a few years, I remember walking up into stadium just as the band began to play and goosebumps went up my arms and up my neck.

7. DoubleCutter

DoubleCutter Founding Member

I know this is a little off-topic, but kind of related. At my job a few months ago I had to visit an elderly man at his home, in his den he had some LSU memorabalia and after our business was finished and I was preparing to leave, I mentioned to him that I was also a Tiger fan, and he told me he has had season tickets since 1949!!! I asked him how many games he has missed since 1949 and he said that he didn't know exactly, but he knows it wasn't more than 10 or so.

8. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

Technically it went down as a 100 yard return because he originally caught the ball on the goal line. I remember Borne anouncing this a little later in the game, mentioning that it broke LSU's previous record, which was Cannon's run.

I was sitting in the endzone and nearly closed my eyes when I saw the coverage on top of him in the endzone. I still don't know how he got out of there.

LSU Records

9. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

1971 I was 3

When I was 3 1971
    When I was three year my parents were students/grad at LSU

I remember sitting in the student section and everyone yelling for Bert Jones and his cousin Andy Hamilton.

None of the men wore shirts at football games in the student section. Instead of Tiger Bait they yelled "Water Gate" for a while.

I remember yelling Hittem again Hittem again Harder, Harder, I think it may have been my first few words.

10. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

2001 LSU vs auburn. LSU rolled and kept rolling all the way to the Sugar. Been hooked ever since.