Your grades for the game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 18, 2010.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well, they only kicked 2 to him.

not really good odds to compare....

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

hard to rum 'em back when they ain't kicking it to you

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

wow!

doing their job at a really high level isn't good enough?

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

You're brilliant...LSU has given up two scores in two games. Not many opportunities for that. And besides, YOU are the one that called the special teams play against UNC the standard for 'A+'.
    -
    I guess it is what it is from you. You complain that the offense needs to be more open. And you view special teams only with regards to how long the returns are for LSU's returners. You only watch about 1/3 of the game. You're missing the good stuff, bro.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I totally agree. I wasn't referring to you with the quote about UNC being depleted.

6. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Offense D - caught 10 passes. (can be on Jefferson, the WRs, coaches, or play calling...whatever)

Defense A+ - caught 5 passes.

1 person likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

JJ's output is troubling and doesn't seem like it will be sufficient against better teams. JJ has a long way to go before he is Mauck/Flynn caliber. Disappointed we didn't see more Lee. Without a better offense we'll struggle against better teams. I do wonder when that first better team will come. Our boatload of talent is tough to overcome.

Offense: C-
    Defense: B+
    ST: A

Overall: C

PS: Our special teams scored in the first game because NC kicked to PP without regard to his ability. That likely won't happen again all season. Doesn't mean special teams didn't play exceptional this game, just didn't really have the opportunity to take one to the house.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Agreed. ST was awesome tonight 5-for-5 FG's, solid kick coverage and PP had another great return. It might not have counted in the stats because of the penalty-but it was ticky-tack so I'll still give the unit credit.

If ever there was a game where you can accept a "C" for an offensive grade, it was a game like this.

Our defense was so dominant, and outside of MSU's TD to close the gap 12-7, I never worried about a possible comeback by the Bulldogs.

I think our offense is a tough sell right now because we've seen this type of production for 3 straight games now and people will get hung up on it. But the reality (for me at least) is that our defense was SO dominant, that we simply just had to manage the game on offense and as long as we were adding points, it was putting MSU into a huge hole.

I know they had an All-American RB at the time, but remember, Ohio St won a national championship winning ugly 13-10 games, riding the back of their defense with an uninspiring offense.

...the difference is that we don't have an All-American RB...so our offense NEEDS to get better. But for this week, it was ok.

9. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I think the offense did better. 8/10 drives were scoring drives. Even if they are field goals, I distinctly remember hearing against UNC "LSU doesn't score on drives, they only score on 1 play passes to RR, or a big run by RS."

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Special Teams A+
    Defense A
    Offense 1st half C-, 2nd half B+

Jefferson showed me something, when LSU answered the touchdown scored by the cowbells at the beginning of the 2nd half. He took his team on his back and led them down the field and scored on a beatiful read on a defensive end on that zone read play. Still some cases when he holds onto the ball too long, but at least he is starting to run forward instead of backwards when the pocket collapses. We are going to have to beat West Virginia the same way, beat em up, wear em down, put em away in the 2nd half.

West Virginia next, and I picked up my tickets today, hellz jyeah!!! Geaux Tigahz!!!!