Your grades for the game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 18, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We cannot compete with the upper-tier SEC teams with less than 100 yards passing.

It will be just like last year . . . everyone will stack the box and stuff the running game because they won't respect Jeffersons passing. And it won't stop until an LSU quarterback beats someone with a passing game.

We are wasting some of the finest receivers in the game.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Correct.

But of course you have to be very alarmed that given the ball that many times near the 50 or on the opponents side of the field yielded only 2 TDs and 5 FGs.

Should have been 5 TDs and 2 FGs, and that would have amounted to another 60-70 yards of offense and everyone would be giddy about this team overall.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

no doubt. agree with this analysis. having said that, a strong run game will help open up the passing lanes. ALA does not have a strong passing game, but they do enough, and their o-line and run game is so good, it is enough. stats don't support it, but i thought JJ looked better last night, not great, but better. minus a few dropped balls, and stat line looks better, and we score more TDs, prolly. lack of passing attack in red zone displays lack of coaching confidence in JJ vs poor play calling. as you say, how will all of this translate come upper-tier SEC comp.?

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

OFFENSE: C-. I'll cover this more in my next blog, but the BL for me on this is LSU started with awesome field position most of the night and still cannot sustain enough of a drive to get in the end zone. There is an obvious reason for this (two of them, actually). One will get fixed over the next couple of games via experience. The other is likely not going to get fixed for a long time.

DEFENSE: B. And only because they were on the field so damned much. Had the offense been able to sustain drives more, this is probably an A. But the defense ended up needing mistakes by MSU quarterbacks to stop a few pretty significant drives by MSU. So a B.

SPECIAL TEAMS: A. LSU's special teams are my favorite part of the game. I have REALLY enjoyed watching guys like Ridley, Baker, (Steltz, Coleman), now Mathieu, Reid, Loston - just lay it out.

Player of note: Mathieu is still a bit raw (he throws his shoulder vice wrapping up), but he is hands down my favorite freshman right now. What a football player that kid is. Wow. LSU's defensive backfield is in good hands, folks. Even after graduation/NFL Draft.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Why don't you offer up opinions and useful and constructive retorts rather than go the immature 5 year old route.

Last I remember, you're still on Jamarcus Russell's jock and think he has a promising NFL career ahead of him.

Talk about betting on the wrong horse on that one. Wowzers.

1 person likes this.
  6. white river

white river Veteran Member

re

i aggree with the first post the DEFENCE AN A SPECIAL TEAMS B+ THE OFFENCE C

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Though we obviously still have some big questions, I'm noticing what I did not notice last year from week-to-week. We're improving. Last year, we never did.

IF we continue to improve, we can compete with the titans of our schedule when they come--and I'm really only looking at Bama and (maybe) Arkansas as that category. We will need additional improvement, for instance, to go into the Swamp and steal a win. But they are quite beatable--for that matter, they were last year, too.

But the time is NOW to open that offense up. Call the plays to get the ball downfield. We were two dropped passes (and Izzy, TT dropped that pass in the endzone, looked like he slowed down a little as he entered the endzone) away from JJ having a 2 passing TD game. Improvement is the key to this team, though JJ and the playcalling make me nervous.

8. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

So, Cparso has the "we didn't blow them out on purpose" thing.

TheDude has the "I want to have Jamarcus' babies" thing.

CS has the "pickle kisser" thing.

Will they ever live these down?

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Because my daughters offer more intelligent insight than you do. And this is more fun. :hihi:

This is the only thing you can ever say to me and like always, it is as untrue as your predictions are pathetically inaccurate. I never touted JR as pro player, but I have extolled his accomplishments as a Tiger. Something that is irrefutable and yet you still try to crap on it because of your childish prejudices. And here again you display your moronic inability to discern the difference. Hence the response above. You don't rate anything more than that.

Keep banging it out on Xbox. :thumb:

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I can recognize he was a great player for LSU. You must tear him down because he failed as a pro. You have your own pathetic agenda. I have nothing to live down. Certainly not from someone with so much life experience as yourself. :hihi:

How's the team/miles bashing thing working out for ya? We laugh at you guys a little more each week. :thumb: