Your ideal future NC location?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Jul 27, 2012.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I thought New Orleans was the perfect setting for the '03 and '07 championships. After last year, I'm hopeful that if we get another chance it will be somewhere else for a change of pace.

Ignoring the fact that this year happens to be in Miami, what would be your ideal location? Rose Bowl in Pasadena? Miami? Fiesta Bowl?

Haven't kept up very closely with other possible locations after 2014 but think (?) spots like Jerry World and others may be considered. Feel free to include any others that have a reasonable chance of getting into the rotation.

2. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Of the current ones, definitely the Rose Bowl. I'd love to see LSU fans take over the LA area and show them how to do it right. Plus all the history with the Rose Bowl and it is the highest profile bowl game that isn't the BCSCG.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

My back yard. It's a little small, but it sure would be convenient for me.:D

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm all for Jerryworld.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The Rose Bowl is a dump, might as well play in the cotton bowl.

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

It's not about the stadium, but about the atmosphere and the importance of the game. The Rose Bowl has been relevant for 100+ years.

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

New Orleans and Atlanta should be a decent hedge against unnecessary fan travel. Why tick off the masses who are actually going?

stevescookin and watson1880 like this.
  8. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

GIven that the game will go to the highest bidder, it's hard to imagine it won't be played in Texas Stadium.

9. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

If it was my choice, Goodman Stadium on Lehigh University's campus in Bethlehem, PA would be just fine.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

The Rose Bowl has existed for 100+ years. It hasn't been relevant for the past few decades. It's a great parade with an overhyped football game.

Bewteen Pasadena, San Diego, Tempe, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Atlanta, Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Miami...New Orleans has the most to offer. I've been to games in most of these cities but nobody combines a venue with lodging, dining, drinking, entertainment, etc. in such close proximity to each other.

I enjoyed the Cotton Bowl in Cowboys Stadium but once you're there...your committed. There is absolutely nothing around the stadium so be prepared to bring everything with you...and prepare to drive to/from the stadium.

We'll be called "homers" but New Orleans is a truly fantastic and unique place to play a game in January.