Your ideal future NC location?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Jul 27, 2012.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Anywhere but NOLA.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Over-hyped? It consistently carries the second highest number of viewers of any of the games.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Jersey Shore also gets good ratings. I guess viewership means quality to you. 40 million people in California can boost ratings for a lot of programs.

The Rose Bowl is more interested in keeping their tradition than having the best teams. They may be able to continue as the Pac-1 and Big 10 will still have a tough time competing for a title even with an expanded four-team format.

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

It actually has been pretty relevant the last few decades. 97 Arizona State-Ohio State, 2006 Texas-USC. It consistently puts out high profile games unlike the other bowls (Fiesta/Orange especially). You'll never see a team like Hawaii or Boise St. in the Rose Bowl. LSU was even considered for the Rose Bowl in 07' because of our great fan support.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

No doubt they have an occasional great game...especially when it's not a "traditional' Pac-1/Big-10 matchup. I just think people buy into the "Granddaddy" of bowls as meaning it's the best teams as opposed to meaning it's the oldest game.

You can only watch USC/Michigan so many times. People will watch great teams and/or teams from their area. I would argue college football fans will watch the SEC to see great teams. They'll watch the Rose Bowl due to regional population and tradition...not great teams.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Wow. The use of Jersey Shore as an example?

Over-hyped would mean it's publicized to a great extent and doesn't deliver. If it's the 2nd most watched game of the bowl season and has been for years, it delivers.

Wisconsin, TCU, Oregon, and Southern Cal. There's a handful of the team that have played in the Rose bowl the last few years. All good teams. You may not like them.

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Don't rule out NFL cities/stadiums bidding on these games. I could totally see the NC game going to places like San Fran, Indy, etc.

San Francisco would be a great town for LSU fans to go watch their team win a trophy. One of the most amazing restaurant towns on the planet.

8. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Gillette Stadium in Boston and Mile High Satdium in Denver. I'd like to see some of these pro settings involved in the NC neutral sites.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Screw that. I want no part of playing anywhere cold.

10. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

That's why football is a mans sport. I wouild like to see a superbowl or NCG in the snow. It defines the sport. Nothing like fighting in the trenches in sub zero temperatures with no feeling in your hands or feet... Bring back the old american pig skin I would love to see what John Madden thinks about this.