Your most likeable coach in the SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 29, 2009.

?

Which coach do you like the most in the SEC?

1. Mark Richt

16.4%
  2. Nick Saban

5.7%
  3. Urban Meyer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Houston Nutt

30.3%
  5. Lane Kiffin

0.8%
  6. Bobby Petrino

1.6%
  7. Steve Spurrier

9.8%
  8. Bobby Johnson

21.3%
  9. Gene Chizik

1.6%
  10. Dan Mullen

0.8%
  11. Rich Brooks

11.5%
  1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I thought your opinion was valid because you claimed to have seen how a lot of the coaches behaved firsthand. I knew none of them. I'm sure Richt is a nice guy but, as I pointed out, to cry about being robbed of the national championship so soon after we won it was classless. That is why both Richt and the president of UGA were told to be quiet by the SEC president because it was LSU's day in the sun (and by extension the whole SEC's day also).

I think coach Les Miles summed it up nicely when he addressed the situation. I can almost quote him directly from memory because I was so impressed with his statement. (If you remember the year before, LSU got to the sugar bowl and completely destroyed Notre Dame and finished second in the polls.)

Miles said:

Like Georgia, we also had a very strong team last year.

And, like Georgia, we were lucky enough to be able to represent the SEC in the sugar bowl.

And like Georgia we were able to post a strong win against a highly ranked opponent.

And like Georgia, we finished second in the nation according to the BCS polls.

But we weren't crying about not being the national champions because we weren't in the BCS championship game and that is what the national championship game is all about.

Richt was stating that Georgia should have been declared national champions and they hadn't even won the eastern division. Classless!
    If anyone got screwed out of the national championship by the BCS formula, ironically it was Auburn the year they went undefeated!!

I'm not holding a grudge here at all... I just haven't forgotten.

P.S. With regards to Tubbs, the actions of his players were only a reflection on his character, while the actions of Richt were more direct and were a revelation of his character.

2. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I voted Spurrier.

He's one of my favorite coaches of all time.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Tirk!:shock: You P.O.S!:hihi:

I didn't vote but I think Richt and Nutt would be at the top of my list.

I would have an easier time choosing the coaches I disliked the most.

1-Saban (pompous ass)
    2-Kiffin (pompous ass)

4. AfflictionVol

AfflictionVol Resident Vol Fan

I voted for Bobby Johnson. From all of the stories that you hear, he is a good guy and does things the right way.

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I said Houston Nutt simply for the fact that I'm surrounded by lozerback fans (almost as bad as bama fans) they did that man wrong he did more with that program than any of their previous 4 head coaches did...not to mention what he did at ole miss last year...sorry ya'll, i'm just overeducated on ark since that's all i freakin see or hear

6. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Brooks gets my vote.
    He has had some success with the Cats and really seems to enjoy the position even though football takes a back seat to basketball at UK.
    He strikes me someone who would enjoy setting down for a visit and having a cocktail and a cigar.

:eek:ldskule:

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Why can't I vote for :milesmic:?

8. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I voted Nick Saban. I think he comes off very warm and easy going.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

because this is for second place.

10. rockingc

rockingc Freshman

I had to vote for the OBC (Spurrier).I'm not sure he is the most likeable,but
    he's the one I like the most.

He's the kind of man that if you want his opinion,just ask and he will give it.That is a quality I like in anyone,no beating around the bush just his opinion.

Coach Miles ranks in my top three or so,I really like him and he seems like a great guy.Hope he gets LSU back to the top(of the west)next year.

BTW,you guys have a great board.Good luck and Go Gators.