Your official "How Does LSU make its way into the BCS Title Game?" Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 9, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree it get's tricky.

I think the most likely scenario for us to jump a 1 loss Auburn is if they lose in the SEC CG (as their only loss). It's it's an ugly loss to, let's say, Florida by something like a 51-31 score, then the voters would have a tough time putting Auburn in the national championship game, even over idle LSU. Sounds crazy a 12-1 Auburn would be ranked behind an 11-1 LSU, but that's probably what would happen.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

My brain hurts.

3. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Actually the Rose Bowl has to take a Non-AQ this year if they lose one of their teams to the BCS game, we would end up in the Orange Bowl in that scenario. Or not in BCS at all.

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I love how the same posters complaining about the coach for two months immediately go to the other extreme after a win and start pumping us up for a championship.

Jump to conclusions much?

I guess some are only in it for the glory.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I alluded to this in another thread, and as much as I agree with you I think there is a time and place for everything, right now is the time and place for all Tiger fans to be thinking about the top of the mountain. Of course we have to travel the road first, but to see the board talking more positively is a huge improvement over the last few months.

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I mean I'd love to win a championship too, but it's not about that for me, it's about getting the privilege of seeing LSU play 12 games a year, and hopefully winning the SEC on top of that. Anything else is just a bonus.

Until Auburn loses twice, I can't with a straight face trumpet LSU for the national title. We're not the best team in our own division at the moment, and until that changes, we're just window dressing.

I just find it comical how quickly some are willing to go from one extreme to the other.

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I see we agree, but the Oklahoma scenario doesn't matter.. Not making it to your conference championship is no better in my opinion. In fact it could be considered worse, since you not only didn't win your conference.. You didn't even make it there because you didn't win the right game(s)..

That's the way the ball bounces, nothing to see here, better luck next year.

If it pans out for Auburn and they go to the SECCG, it is what it is. We were close to getting there (1 TD), but we didn't quite make it.

Now.. in a playoff system, that's a whole other thing.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This I agree with. But hey if they want to be in the glass is now half full camp I ain't gonna kick em out.

9. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Nobody's getting to the BCS title game without winning their conference. What happened in '07 to Georgia will happen to LSU if that scenario presents itself. The highest ranked major conference champion will jump LSU in that scenario. Either an undefeated Boise or an undefeated TCU will also get in first. The voters will make sure it happens. A non conference winning, non division winning BCS Champion is pretty much the BCS's worst case scenario. They won't let it happen.

If LSU somehow wins the SECCG, they will get in, but Auburn's not going to lose to Georgia this week at home unless Cam Newton is ruled ineligible before then.

10. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Yeah I'm retarded.