Your official "How Does LSU make its way into the BCS Title Game?" Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

Actually, it is unlikely that Stanford goes to the Rose Bowl.

There is a new rule in place this year that forces the Rose Bowl to take a non-BCS automatic qualifier, if the RB loses the Big Ten or Pac 10 champ to the BCSCG.

If Oregon goes to the BCSCG and plays someone other than TCU or Boise, TCU or Boise (whoever is ranked higher) goes to the Rose Bowl. However, if TCU or Boise goes to the BCSCG, the RB would be free to choose whomever they wanted (unless they get the Big Ten and Pac 10 champs), b/c there can only be one non-BCS automatic qualifier. So, most likely, Stanford only goes to the Rose Bowl if Oregon plays TCU/Boise in the BCSCG.

This is a four year commitment by the Rose Bowl, but it goes away after the first time it plays out.

New Rose Bowl Selection Process Explained | BCS Know How

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If auburn's cam n. was found guilty of all charges wouldn't that void lsu's loss. If it were true we prob wouldn't know until after the season I would guess. You can bet the gumps are looking under every rock in ala for proof. What's the chances of it being true and then coming out before the sec championship game

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Why don't you stay the phuck out this thread.

Just a thought.

4. islstl

In my scenario, Oregon plays TCU.

All bets are off.

5. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

OK, so it makes sense that if Auburn drops just one game, and goes on to win the SEC championship game against Florida or South Carolina, that they would wind up ranked ahead of LSU, given the extra game they would have played in, and the head-to-head victory over LSU.

However... if (and it's a BIG if) the swirling allegations about Cam Newton remain alive, with more details released that lends some credence to the allegations, would that have any affect on the BCS human voters? They may think that they could be elevating a team to the national championship game and then have the other shoe drop weeks, months, or years in the future that will make any games played by Newton null and void, so to speak.

(Obviously Oregon, TCU, and/or Boise State would likely need to lose for a one-loss team from the SEC to make it into the BCS title game anyway.)

6. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

It would make me a hypocrite to say that LSU deserves a shot at the NC game even if we don't play in our championship game. Will I take it? Yes. However, the only way I say LSU deserves it is if we play and win the SECCG

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ok, let me switch it up for ya a little. If LSU wins out, and Auburn does also, and Oregon loses a game. Do you believe in your heart of hearts that LSU is the 2nd best team in the country?

8. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

LSU fans .. the best we will get out of this is the sugar bowl .. if we win out. the BCSNCG will not happen this year..

9. islstl

Obviously you weren't around in either 2003 or 2007.

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I think I said that already. :grin: