Your official "How Does LSU make its way into the BCS Title Game?" Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

But the main problem with us here is that Auburn has 2 lose twice for sure, and Cam Newton is still playing, so I don't see this as likely. One of Oregon/TCU would also have to lose, which neither team has even come close to this whole season. Even then we might not jump Boise. I realize that it is very possible at this point in the season, but I will be shocked if all of the above ends up coming true. But then again I thought all hope was lost when we lost to Arky in 2007

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I acknowledged that in my post. It's just a personal opinion. Since there's no playoff, everything's subjective. So, I feel like you should at least be your conference's champ to be eligible. How can you be the No.1 team in the nation when you're not even the No.1 team in your division, much less your conference?

It's the same argument used against UGA in '07 and the main reason why we leap frogged them in the human polls.

3. Mezmorizor

In theory, in practice we're screwed if we don't win the conference, the humans just don't like us enough.

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

5. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

just a few weeks ago,the tiger nation was ready to run les miles and company out of baton rouge .. now we get one win against alabama and some tiger fans are ready to buy 2010 national champions tshirts .. theres still a lot of football left to be played .. i would love to see LSU go all the way but the chances of oregon, tcu, boise st. losing any games is very unlikely to happen..and i seriously doubt auburn will lose the last two games .. you can spin it any way you want my friend .. LSU 11-1 SUGARBOWL.......

BTW
    theres no guarantee that LSU will win against ole miss and arkansas.....

6. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I guess you don't remember 2003 or 2007

I have no idea why LSU fans think something crazy could happen.

I am sure you are right and all games played by teams that should win will win and nothing odd or crazy will happen.

:geauxtige:geauxtige:crystal::helmet::helmet::crystal::milesmic::milesmic::milesmic::crystal:

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

As far as not being conference champs...Big 10 and Pac 10 at the moment don't have a conference championship game so I wouldn't have an issue with LSU being in the NCG. If Auburn loses in the SECCG and we both wind up with one loss why would anyone keep us out if we move to #2 in the BCS assuming we win out?

8. Mezmorizor

The thing is we won't move up without the championship game for sure, unless there really is some conspiracy with the human voters to not allow mid majors in the title, which I doubt. And no I'm not being a debbie downer, I'm being realistic, Auburn is the only school that has to lose that has even come close to losing this season, and I don't see that changing in 4 weeks.

9. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

proven wrong....back pedal :lol:

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

God, have you paid any goddamn attention to what I originally posted?

I said that winning out is "far from certain".

There are many LSU faithful that are interested in our chances now that we have put ourselves in this position.

I have supplied that information to them.

This is all this thread is about.

Get the phuck over it. Please.