Your personal LSU football stats?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, May 3, 2004.

1. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

I haven't been to too many games, but here we go:

The first game, I don't remember the year, like 96 probably, we played South Carolina at South Carolina, I think the game I ended in a tie, I'm not sure (I was like 8 or 9 years old).
    2001 - Tennessee, SEC Championship Game W
    2002 - @ Virginia Tech L
    2003 - Georgia, SEC Championship Game W
    2004 - Oklahoma, Nokia Sugar Bowl W

So I'm 3-1, with an unkown.

2. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

vandy is the only team i have not seen LSU beat, and that should change this season

3. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

i forgot i went to va tech in '02. a very forgetable trip. chalk up another L for me. 29-22

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

1995 in Columbia. Ended at 20-20.

5. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

I've been to too many home games to count (or remember), but my new passions are the road games.

Not counting Tulane as a road game, my first was Arkansas in 2002 (we all remember that outcome which lost LSU the SEC West....but Arkansas played Georgia so well in Atlanta LOL)

This past year I went to:
    Arizona (great trip....will definitely do again),
    Mississippi State (where one State fan said to me "I'm glad some LSU fans are here, so we get to hear cheering in our stadium for the first time this year")
    SEC Championship game vs. Georgia (no comment needed)

I started 0-1, but have since had a 3 game road win streak.
    Home record (too many to count)
    Away record (3-1)

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Can't remember all of the games I went to as a little kid but here is a summary (born in 1977):

First game: 1984 - LSU 47 Wichita St. 7 One memory stands out. We parked in those lots near River Rd and were walking to the stadium approaching Alex Box. All of a sudden everyone starts running to Tiger Stadium. I asked my dad, "Is this what you mean by the passion of LSU fans for football games?" He said, "No, a train's coming. Run as fast as you can so we can beat it!" I never saw the train until we were crossing the tracks and it was probably only about 75 yds from us. I felt like a deer in headlights for a second.

Went to the two Nebraska Sugar Bowl losses. Maybe that's why I can't stand the big Red to this day. The Ohio St. 13-13 (1987?) tie was my 13th LSU game.

I remember Ron Sancho with an INT for a TD with a big win over A&M in the mid 80s. We won a bet that year and made my dad's friend (A&M fan) fly an LSU flag in his front yard for the weekend.

I was sitting right on the endzone when Kennison had his "what are you doing? Get outta there! What a move! He could go all the way!" TD vs. Miss St. in Curley's last year.

Started college in Gerry's first year in 1995. Got interviewed by the local news about "Bringing the Magic Back" but they called me Trey Coon for some reason. Went to just about every home game from 95-2000 and a couple of away games (Auburn, Bama (2), I-Bowl in '95). The Florida game in '97 was the top of the mountain.

Have been going to about 4 games a year since moving to Houston in 2001. Sat with my parents for the UAB game in Saban's first year, Dad's 50th B-day. The next week vs. Tenn made up for it and then some. That game, along with the Miss St OT game, and finally defeating Bama in Tiger Stadium were 3 of the greatest games I've been to.

Went to ULM, UGA, Florida, AU, & the Sugar Bowl last year. I'd be satisfied if that was the last chapter but I think there's more to come.

7. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Saw my first one from the South End Zone in '65. I seem to remember LSU's QB being hobbled (maybe that was another day) and I believe Kenny Stabler played for Alabama. Tigers lost 31-7.

Loved skunking A&M 27-0 in '88. I think that was the game where Sammy Martin caught a short slant-in from Mickey Guidry and ran forever. Or was that '86 ?

Enjoyed seeing the Tigers beat the Domers in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport.

Worst times for me were the John Bond (QB) years at Mississippi State. I think he beat us 4 times in a row beginning in about '81 or so. I was so glad to see him graduate that I thought of sending him a gift. He totally dominated the Tiger D his entire time in Starkville.

Win or lose, favorite memories all.