Your respect level for Tom Brady

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, May 11, 2015.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

On a scale of 1 to 10.

I am at a 1.

Dude is a straight up piece of shit.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

im at a 9.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How much did you lose on the Superbowl?

tirk likes this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I never bet on anything.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

9. He is arguably the greatest qb to ever play the game. He modified a football to fit his liking. Punters, kickers, and QB's do this shit all the time, this is nothing more than a witch hunt by haters who will never be as good nor as successful as he is. Keep hating.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

How am I supposed to respect someone who I know nothing about. The guys plays football 2000 miles from me. I've never met him.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

This is 2015. As far as I know ESPN doesn't broadcast its stories by pony express or smoke signals. How far do you live from New Orleans? Have you ever met Drew Brees? Have you ever met Les Miles or Leonard Fournette? Do you respect them?

8. mobius481

The point is, we don't know these guys, no matter what you think. He may be the nicest most respectable guy on the planet or he may be a total dick. To me it's just a silly question.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Football is a form of entertainment. Tom Brady is an entertainer and a very good one. I'm not a Patriots fan but I respect what Brady has done on the playing field. While its beyond doubt that the Patriots cheated and deserve to be punished, Brady has been punished without the same due process that any suspect has the right to in a court of law.

Did Brady directly tell the ball boys to let the air out of the ball? I doubt it. But it would obviously be known by everyone in the organization that he preferred a less infated ball so actions were taken on his behalf and the NFL hasn't prove he was complicit. And if he did tell the ball boys to deflate the balls is that any more egregious than a pit crew raising or lowering a spoiler by a half an inch to gain more speed or for a pitcher to scuff up the baseball?

10. mobius481

I agree with that and I respect what he's done on the field. It's impressive. As far as being punished, everyone is punished without due process all the time. I sent both my son and daughter to their rooms last night even though, I'm not sure they were both wrong. Just a tyrannical dictator. Pretty similar to the NFL.