Your respect level for Tom Brady

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, May 11, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Tom Brady filmed people? I wasn't aware of that. The Broncos were caught filming other teams, they got a 50k fine. The Jets broke the rules by improperly contacting Darelle Revis, punters and kickers always try to modify balls. In baseball if you modify a ball you get tossed out of the game you are in, they don't go back and try to suspend you. This is stupid and its fueled by hatred because the guy is good and has a hot wife. If this was Manning nothing would happen to him.

Where is all the hatred for the Saints? Are they cheaters too? They were accused of breaking rules, and guess what, I thought that was stupid and haterism too.

You are also talking to someone who doesn't believe steroids are cheating either, so there is no way I will ever see this differently.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Bum Phillips once accused the Raiders of putting helium in the balls that Ray Guy used to punt. In a he Billy "White Shoes" Johnson ran out of bounds after a punt return and gave the ball to Bum, who robot to Rice University to be analyzed.

3. LaSalleAve

All I'm saying is that there should be a written standard on punishments for rules violation just like any other profession. It shouldn't just be left up to Das Fuhrer to deal out whatever he feels like.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this is baseball? if this was manning, it would be a huge deal. dont kid yourself. People hate guys who seem too good or whatever and being a Manning automatically makes people hate him.

tom brady plays for a coach that filmed people which gave them an advantage. I never said he filmed it. The team has a precedent of being cheats.

Being the world champs, you're gonna catch a lot of heat for this shit and rightfully so.

Just like a judge determines each case on its own merit, thats the way it works in the NFL. Just so happens Goodell sucks at it.

5. LaSalleAve

It's a job not a criminal case.

6. tirk

Their job is under investigation.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So why not just punish the Patriots organization and Bill Belichik? Why suspend Brady? When Jimmie Johnson's car was found to have some kind of illegal modification NASCAR suspended crew chief Chad Knaus and docked points from the team but Johnson kept on driving.

8. tirk

They did for spygate. Belicheat washed his hands of this one last January and made poor Tom fall on the sword for this one. So maybe this is the end of their partnership. Nick and Bill can now ride off in the sunset together.

9. LaSalleAve

That's the whole thing you can't pin spygate on Brady. He had nothing to do with that, so that should have zero bearing on this incident.