You're up in the rainy Northwest...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 23, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Say around 2002, for example...

You hear about a job that pays twice as much, with 10 times more benefits, less hassle, and brings you home to your sweet Louisiana doing something you love and are emminently qualified to do...

How long would it take you to take the position?

Months? Weeks? Would you even bother with the ole two week notice?

Well, put in a reverse situation...Emmert took TWO YEARS...That's how long the position of Chancellor at U-Dub has been open...

Think about it...If he "went home" and it was a "no brainer" as some suggest, why did it take that bright mind of his two years to make a decision that shouldn't have required a decision be made, period...

2. BB

BB Founding Member

Any idea who is on the short list to replace Emmert? Maybe we could attract a Tiger Alumnus...

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Unfortunately, the Chancellor's replacement is going to be a person that Blank-O hand picks....which means that it'll probably be someone who's not the best for the job...It will be someone she feels will be best suited to, "do more academically with less...", and also will be subservient to her when it comes to approaching the Legislature for funding...

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why is it when somebody quits a job he is expected to give a 2 week notice but when you get fired its "Don't let the door hit you in the ass?"

5. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

The only reason I care about Emmert leaving is because of this quote by Saban a couple of months ago:

He always seems to bring up Emmert when talking about why he wants to stay at LSU. Thoughts?

6. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Bobby Jindal

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

NOW YOU'RE TALKIN' !!!!!!!

The only problem is....

...wasn't he Jenkins' boss? ...and now he would report to him????

The battles between him & Blanco would be AWESOME.

8. BB

BB Founding Member

The longer I think about Emmert leaving the less I care - let him go. We were paying him way too much and I feel a bit suckered right now. He sold many of us on increasing his pay immensely and now it could be said that he did it simply to jack up the pay at his next stop.

The simple fact that the Washington Chancellor position was vacant for 2 entire years indicates to me that we don't really need a damn Chancellor at that price. We live in one of the absolute poorest states in America and yet we are paying State Employees excessive salaries.

This jackass in the LA State Senate who was fired recently for sending the obscene email around - he was forced to retire after 24 years of service at the tune of $80,000 a year - think about that, he participates in a vulgar act and his punishment is $80,000 a year and retirement. The State Senate is only in session like 4 months a year anyway. An Army General who spends half of his career away from his home and his family could only hope to get $80,000 a year in retirement after 30 years of service. It's a joke that we pay people what we do when the state is this poor. It's an age old scheme and we never catch on or seem to care enough to change it.

I'm no Blanco fan, but I say Emmert took us like so many others before him. He did a fine job, but we can do just fine without him. I say bring in a young, fired up and accomplished LSU Alumnus with a real vision and pay him half the price. OK, I'm finished ranting.

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

BB, Did you take stupid pills today?

10. BB

BB Founding Member

I just can't understand why we are sitting around acting like we just had to shoot the family dog - he did a lot for LSU and he was Chancellor at a great time - I'm not going to lose sleep and I'm certainly not viewing this as this year's sign of the apocolypse.