You're up in the rainy Northwest...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 23, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i guess some of our infatuation with him is due to the NC that he brought along with Saban. To me they are one in the same and losing either is detrimental to the program. Some, as me feel he is a once in a lifetime hire so forgive me for romanticizing my moment. brb getting prozac my ex left.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yes, he left. Why now? The UW job has been open for 2 years. Don't you think Blanko cutting $10 million from the LSU budget had more than a little to do with Emmerts decision at this point in time?

3. BB

BB Founding Member

As long as we choose to live in a state that will elect people like Blanco, we have to live with the results (or lack of them). Emmert was a diamond in Louisiana. The mediocrity and lack of a spirited commitment would have ultimately driven him to a more progressive state - unfortunately, it happened sooner than later and he opted for home.

His 20 Year plan is astonishing and we were well on our way, but it's easy to have such lofty goals and expectations in Louisiana - the real challenge comes after you get a good look around and you lace up the gloves. A change in government derailed the 20 Year Plan? It looks like some of you think it just may have...

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Let's discuss the future...

Your thought to hire someone at half the price whose an LSU alum is galatically stupid. I don't like calling people names-other than Ramah-but that theory reminds me of a song...

"Third Rate Romance, Low Rent Rendevousz(sp?)"

You exhibit a prime case of "Joe Dean-itis"...

You try to mine the coal for the diamonds, you find a Mark Emmert every now and then...But mostly, you get black lung and you get F'n dirty...

You get what you pay for, and you also don't get what you don't pay for...

We paid for Emmert, and until Blanco stopped paying the LSU funding in the proper manner, we stopped getting Emmert...

Simple as that...

Your idea about hiring a low rent alumni stinks. Period. We want the best. Think about who we hired as our head football coach. We want to hire Nick Sabans whether it's to be the fricking ping pong team's new head coach or to lead our Women's and Gender Studies program...

You pay for the best, you get the best, and you're known as the best...

You pay the least, you usually get the least, and you lose 'em once they blossom...

5. BB

BB Founding Member

I just don't think life is over for the LSU Family. Maybe my ideas are stupid - feel free to continue to call me names because it's appropriate and I understand that ideas shouldn't be freely shared here. Wipe your tears and your ass and let's move on.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I am perfectly willing to eliminate some politically correct department like Women and Gender Studies (Does LSU actually have a Women and Genders Studies Department?) to fund any more raises that Nick Saban may earn in the future.

7. tirk

cmon TE, quit don't demean someone just to make your point.

8. tirk

no, he just lacks a little tact sometimes. ignore his rants. he feels emphatic about the loss of emmert as do I but his emotions cloud his 'thesis' sometimes. lol.

Speculating who a new coach will be is fun.... too bad no one has a clue what credentials make up a great chancellor hire. anyone? bueller?

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I'm far from crying, BB...I meant to strike a nerve...because you have to break yourself from the "money saving" mentality when it comes to vital areas like academics, academic leadership, etc...

Visionary leadership at LSU affects the entire LSU system. It also affects the entire city of Baton Rouge...as well as the parishes of Ascension and Livingston, where most local area LSU alumni reside, which also happen to be the two fastest growing parishes in the STATE over the past two years.

You're talking about an entire 6-7 parish area in the state that's directly affected by LSU, with upcoming areas like Livingston, Ascension, Prairieville, Denham, Baton Rouge, Baker, Zachary...You're talking about an area that has a HUGE economic interest in the success of LSU...The biggest metropolitan area in the state outside of the New Orleans Proper area...

Do you even THINK before you type? Do you have tunnel vision? Cataracts or something? I mean, we're not just all babbling or wiping tears into our beers...We're talking about it because it's a BIG DEAL.

You are correct that life is not over for the LSU family...But we've lost a very, VERY important member of that family...and they're not coming back...

BTW-Bengal B...Go up to Room 241 in Himes Hall, and walk into the door...Then turn in the doorway a do a "180"...Walk down the hall in that direction, and you run into the Women's and Gender Studies Department at LSU...

10. BB

BB Founding Member

Emmert is a great loss for us. At the end of the day, this is classic Louisiana. This state is a third world country on so many levels. Not only do so many of us invite and embrace mediocrity and indifference, but I think that some people actually roll in it with a smile on their faces.

I would bet both of my middle fingers (and I definitely need them for each morning when I flash them at the Eli Manning picture above the desk of an Ole Miss grad at my office) that Jindal gets elected over Blanco in 49 other states - she is that bad.