You're up in the rainy Northwest...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 23, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

Also, St. Tammany is the fastest growing Parish in the State.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

You're confused...

Tammany's the top ranked school system on a parish basis in the state...Tammany's growth is third behind Ascension and Livingston..and I think Ascension nudged out Ascension this year...This is according to the Paper from like two days ago, man...

BTW-My home Parish-Livingston-is 2nd ranked behind Tammany in the parish school system rankings...

:)

3. BB

BB Founding Member

I guess it may depend on the criteria - is it strictly current population compared to last year?

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Well, if that's the case, then LP has them blown all away...From 98-01, LP had a net in-migration of 28,000 people, and that was just in the Live Oak/Denham Springs/Walker (West Livingston Parish) area...I do not have stats to back up anything since then, though the DS News mentioned what I mentioned just a few days ago...

5. BB

BB Founding Member

Either way, these are the only 2 substantial growth areas in the state, by far - scary to consider. Great discussion - I'm hitting the rack.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So what are the odds of getting a grant to fund a Department of Middle Class White Male Studies? Or would I have a better shot at getting funding to study Cultural Diversity among non native Rastafarian expatriats? Class requirements - No textbook necessary. $500 fee per student for a semester's worth of ganja. Bongs and rolling papers supplied by the university.

"I Shot the Sheriff,

But I missed his F**Kin Deputy"