Z. Mettenberger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NickB, Nov 15, 2011.

1. NickB

NickB Veteran Member

I'm enjoying this dominant season we're having, & I believe this team is on a mission for the Dome. However, the only issue I might whine about is the QB situation. I've never been a fan of the 2 QB system, but the 2 previous NCGs we won was under similar circumstances, so I guess I have to learn to deal with it. Whatever works right?

Ok, having said that, what's the future hold with Z. Mett? The only thing I know about him is that he was a Fr. at Georgia when he was released from the team, then he transferred to a JuCo, for a year (last year), so now it says he is a So. I'm not very familiar with the specifics of the "red shirt", but my question is would he be eligible to red shirt this season? I believe the only game he took snaps in was in the N.W. for the last few minutes. I know one of you gurus out there know the answer to this.

:crystal: :tigerhead :crystal:

2. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Zach will be a junior next season. He therefore has next season and the season after of eligibility.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

FIFY

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The only issue with a JUCO is that he is essentially a merc. If he lights up the world next year, I doubt he will stick around for another.

5. ramahsghost

ramahsghost Veteran Member

This kid is gonna be at LSU for the next two years ... even when he lights it up next year working within Krags system ... No way he's ready for the pros, even with a great 2012 season

Mark it, Mett plays and stays for 2012 & 2013 ... and LSU takes another great run or two at the BCS crystal in those years

6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

In my opinion Mett is the best prospect of the three we have now.....he has a better arm, nicer touch, and can make every throw in the book.....this year works out great....ge gets to come in and learn the system while two sr QB's get it done.....he's going to have to adjust to the speed of the game a little, but I do not think that will be a problem, as long as he knows the playbook......I really expect this kid to be the most productive QB since jamarcuss russel......only drawback to mett is he is not real mobile....he is a true pocket passer, best NFL prospect we have had in years....an I think he will be here for two more years!!! The future looks even brighter....if thats at all possible!! Scary to say that when youre already the #1 team in the country!!

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He couldn't possibly be ready for the NFL with one year of college experience. Mettenberger will be here for two more.

8. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

Mett's goal is to play his next two years at LSU and leave with a Master's in Education.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

He would if his daddy shopped him around to State last year.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I just hope the kids chance at the NFL isn't cut because he isn't a" running qb" and can't run the option. I hope he can be given the chance to throw the ball and prove what he can do in an honest contest for the starting roll. Good luck mett, you're gonna need it.