Z. Mettenberger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NickB, Nov 15, 2011.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Guess it's ok to look ahead to next year this week, especially since OM can't seem to get anyone's attention.

I am anticipating that Mett will be a good QB's How good no one knows at this juncture, he has yet to see any meaningful playing time vs SEC quality defenses. I've seen film of him playing against inferior teams and hitting wide open receivers with no pressure in his face.

I'm wondering we will lose one of our early gimmie wins when they re-do the schedules (moved to a later date), it seems like it is going to be hard to fit A & M in, but that is probably not likely. I hope this young man gets his warm up games before facing A & M.

Over the past several years many have proclaimed a new player the best we've got only to never see them quite pan out. Hope that isn't the case with Mett.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If mett is as good as arky's Wilson is we will be a dominating factor for the next two years. We have a sizeable chunk of our defense returning and a stable of bad arse backs to pound the rock. If rr returns , he and mett will be a definate hookup on the long ball and obj will be a serious threat. I pray mett is everything izzy and some others say he is. I hope we don't screw this dude up like we have qb's in the past. Other teams wouldn't know weather to chit or go blind if we actually had a 300 yard passing game at lsu to go with the backs we have poundin the rock.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

This. Great opinion about the big picture.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We don't have Crowton to kick around anymore and are grasping for issues, perhaps. We could have worse problems if this is our biggest drama.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You would be correct sir.

LSU has a chance to go 42-0 from 2011-2013.

6. islstl

we'll never throw for 300 yards as long as Les Miles is here, but he CAN throw for 300 easily

He'll pass it 26 times per game, complete 18 of them for 225 yards per game. That's all we'll need as we run for 225 a game as well. Not quite a balanced offense, but as close as we'll ever get to one.

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Keeping it real cajdav. To crown Mett without him ever playing at this level is retarded...

8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Yeah .. I'd really like to see him play a good bit. Maybe he'll get the entire second half of the OM game.

If things play out as I think they will, we'll be up over 28-0 by half. Since Les doesn't like to run up scores, he'll have no choice but to put the 3rd and 4th strings in to pull back on the throttle a bit.

9. islstl

I think Les would like to see JJ in for most of the first half, Lee come in to finish the first half and all of the 3rd quarter and Mett have the entire 4th quarter to himself, allowing him 15-20 snaps.

10. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

What??? I do not see that happening mett will be a more veteran qb and been in the fire.