Z. Mettenberger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NickB, Nov 15, 2011.

1. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Big difference between Mett and sheppard......sheppard had never played past high school, mett had a year of Juco where he lit it up......I know juco is not the sec....but it's much faster than highschool also!!

2. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

There is no doubt it has worked this year, but I dont think it is because of the two qb's over abundance of talent, I think it's the talent that surrounds the qb in the game, you put a tyler wilson or a tyler bray or someone like that(which i compare mett too) and I think this offense would be even better. What we have now is working...no doubt, but a highly talented qb in this system would make the offense even more efficient.

3. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

^^^^^^
    exactly.....it's what makes the future so bright for LSU, continue to recruit top guys....and it will continue.

4. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

That's probably what will happen.

The sad part about it will be that Lee will probably just get to the hand the ball off the whole time to keep from running up the score. Mett will have the same problem.

CLM really needs to get over aversion to blowing a team out. It's one thing to not purposely blow them out, but if you blow them out playing your normal game, ... that's just the nature of the game.

I couldn't believe the disgusts on his face when Sheppard ran in the TD against TN.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

One of CLM's finer traits is that he adapts. Look how he has changed DC's to get to what is needed and the best. his recruiting has changed to get what LSU needs. Remember at first he was going after 3* like he was still at Okie State?
    He has struggled with an offensive philosophy because of OC's. If he and Jimbo could have worked together I think much of the last 3-4 years would have been different. If Krags hangs on and coaches our QBs up as he has JL & JJ in this short time I think you will see an effecient O that mirrors what Izzy has projected.
    Less will have his best QB do what he does best and a back up change of pace when needed. If Mett is as good as advertized we will bave a strong pass component to our rush game. We will NEVER be a Big 12/10 pass happy spead team thank God.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Yea , I think we will have to watch jj come in to start and play most of the meaningful snaps.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I would qualify that statement by saying he eventually adapts. He waited a bit too long, imo, to make a change at DC, and certainly at OC. Should have made those changes much sooner. Fortunately, he weathered that storm, made the offseason coordinator moves, and now the team is running like a fine tuned engine, or something like that, lol. The offense certainly isn't silky smooth, but it gets the job done.

8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

It will all be good. JJ will do fine against ol miss., heck, I think they will be worse than wku.

I just hope clm has the wisdom to pull him this year if he stinks up the field in ar like he did last year ...... and that Lee has the character to have hung on to most of the momentum he gained in the first 8 games.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Didn't he make the change at DC after one season???????:eek:

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We have to get ready for the next game; not next year.