Z. Mettenberger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NickB, Nov 15, 2011.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

much much stronger arm than Andrew Luck

He reminds me of Sam Bradford (tall and lean) and commands the pocket but can move around if necessary

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Maybe Les knew something about Chavis' job security and the dual coordinator thing was a stop gap. No point in bringing someone in only to let him go a year later.

3. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I'll say I'm anxious to see him play. So many times, you have this great prospect, who blows it away in lesser venues, but doesn't quite make the transition to more elite play.

And ... all I gots to say on him next year, is I hope CLM doesn't start up another one of these QB wars. Bringing in the runner occassionally is one thing ... this "looking over your shoulder" crap that we got going now is painful.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Only painful to the fans who see it that way. It's not painful at all to me. We are 10-0, that's pretty painless.

I go to the games now and am confident that we will win, not worried about who gets the most playing time.

5. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I'm cautiously optomistic. :grin:

Seriously, of what I've seen of JJ play this year, he's done great. The only real concern I have is Lee regressing. If JJ isn't getting it done, and Lee regresses, we may get to see Mett sooner than we thought.

I'll probably feel a lot better after this weekend, when I see that last week wasn't just a good day. [hey .. old memories are hard to forget].

6. roynav

roynav free your mind

Heisman contender? Hell, how about superbowl MVP within 3 years.

Or just wake me up after he's actually won a game.

7. roynav

roynav free your mind

Just goes to show thats why they bother to play the games. Painful thread to read. :eek:

sorry, I'm a bad boy.

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I think a lot of this is just QB-starved fans hoping upon hope. smh...

9. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Much stronger arm that cannot hit wide open receivers more than 50% of the time. Mett will not have to worry about the issues involved as #1 pick in the draft.
    Something also tells me that Luck might have a little bit more going on between the ears than just air rushing through. For Islstl, no worry he will be back in 2013, as for drooling
    scouts, well..........................He does have one more chance but based on the coaching on his side of the ball, he is facing some long odds IMO.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We need some 7 foot receivers that can run a 3.9 40 in pads. Dude overthrows receivers way too much.