Z. Mettenberger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NickB, Nov 15, 2011.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Fuckin hilarious!

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

Mettenberger is crazy strong and can move. But I do t think he is smart or accurate enough to ever be more than an above average sec qb. But lsu can still win a national championship pretty easily with a decent qb.

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

This is what befuddles me. Happened on 2nd and 2 on our last possession. That throw would've sealed the W. I actually think the scars of JL's pick-6 bonanza in 2008 is rearing its' ugly head here. I think(just my hypothesis here) that Les stresses not throwing INTs to a point where Mett is "afraid" to put the ball where the defender has even the slightest chance at it. Here's the bad part of that statement, b/c that's usually a good statement to make; Mett knows he won't get to throw it very much anymore if he throws an INT. Or at least he may think that. IDK. Maybe I'm overthinking. I'm just trying to make sense of losing the games we did. The "what could've beens" of the past two years are eatin' at me. Can't imagine how bad it must be for the players and coaches.

4. didit

didit Veteran Member

exactly... If he completes just half of his overthrows, we beat bama (three missed tds), fla (two missed tds) and clemson ( two missed tds and the infamous 2nd and 2)... of course he had them in others as well, i just site these games because we lost them close... this would make our games not as close which would quiet (maybe) the bad play-calling people...

5. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

ZM crucified Alabama and earned the win. He's in with me.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. didit

didit Veteran Member

definitely one of his best games of the season and the play calling on d at the end of the half was atrocious... all i'm saying is if he completes 1 or 2 of the overthrows, the d wouldn't be in the position they were put in... against clemson, he had 120 yds total passing... the d played a game and a half of snaps... he just needs to work on his accuracy and pocket presence/ qb clock...

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Best half of the season, remember he didn't do shit in the first 2 quarters.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

For a white boy, maybe.

9. didit

didit Veteran Member

agreed...

10. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

The same could be said about a glacier.