Zach Mettenberger, 6'5 250 QB, is he coming to LSU next year??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Da Tiga Fan Man, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Da Tiga Fan Man

Da Tiga Fan Man Founding Member

I look around all the time on Rivals.com and Scout.com and they have this kid, Zach Mettenberger, a 6'5 250 4.9 forty, former Georgia Bulldog and current Butler CC QB, he has only LSU listed as his choice for next year.... Just wanted to see if anyone knows anything else about him?? I read a little about him and it said he would have been the Bulldogs starter last year had he not been suspended from the team before the start of the season for an off the field incident.. I believe he was a 5 star recruit a few years ago?? He looks like he could be EXACTLY what we need!! I can't see why more top QB's coming out of high school aren't jumping at the chance to come to LSU because they know that they will be able to play early here because of our terrible QB situation right now!! We have ALL the pieces in place, just no QB to lead them!! Hopefully this kid is the answer to our prayers!!!! If anyone knows more about this kid, please let me know!!

GEAUX TIGERS

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He's a fool if he doesn't come here. LSU is a championship team in need of a decent quarterback.

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I'm too lazy right now to check out the Recruiting threads -- has Miles offered Mettenberger yet? Anyone know the status?

:geauxtige

4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I read they will or have offered Zach.

5. white river

white river Veteran Member

MAY BE MILES IS THE REASON THAT TOP NOTCH QB'S ARE NOT COMMING TO L.S.U

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Don't they also have a commitment from Philip Rivers' younger brother?

7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I think you're right, and isn't he supposedly better at this stage than his brother was? If so, at least there's some hope!

:geauxtige

8. Da Tiga Fan Man

Yeah I am excited about Steven Rivers as well! Believe it or not, I actually played 5 years of little league baseball with Phillip Rivers when I was younger in Decatur, Alabama. His dad, Steve was our coach while he was also the head football coach at Decatur High School. We played five years together on the "Decatur Cardinals" and we also played all five years together in all stars as well until my dad was transferred with Lockheed Martin back to Louisiana right before my 8th grade year. With all that being said, I am excited to see Steven coming to LSU! He was just a little fella when I played with Phillip, but Steven was always out on the field at our practices and games trying to play with the "Older guys" and help out as much as he could! lol.... Even at that age it was clear to see that both Phillip and Steven would grow up to be great athletes! It is just cool to see these guys that I grew up playing ball with being so successful and very cool that Steven is coming to play at LSU!! I think once he puts on a few more pounds, he will become a great QB at LSU!!

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Ok...People have tried to be polite...but it isn't working with this one.

TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

10. Da Tiga Fan Man

Yeah on Scout.com it says that they have offered him and his interest level is HIGH for LSU! It looks like we are more than likely gonna get him, hopefully!! God knows we need it!!!! I can't wait, a QB is ALL THAT WE NEED to be back on top!! I'm gonna keep praying that he comes to us!! lol