Zach Mettenberger, 6'5 250 QB, is he coming to LSU next year??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Da Tiga Fan Man, Sep 26, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It has to at least give them pause, at a minimum

2. LikeMike

LikeMike Tigers eat Chickens

I don't remember where I read it, but it was this past week. Zach was let go from the Dawgs for some kind of assault type run in with the law. Sunday quality arm, and he wants back in the SEC... BAD. I believe LSU does have an offer into him, but he said he wants to focus on Butler football and will make the decision after the season. From the way I read it, I think LSU is in front on landing him.... don't recall any other teams being listed as candidates.

Also, Rivers will be a true Frosh when JJ and JL graduate, so it would be REALLY nice to get another guy in.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

He was released for groping a girl in a bar, then lying about it to the coaches. From all accounts, he's exceedingly repentent and has taken full responsibility. He's paid his penance, and wants to be in the SEC. Don't be surprised to find out later he already IS an LSU commit.

4. LikeMike

LikeMike Tigers eat Chickens

Well he is an 18 year old guy... I forgive him.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

He helped make JaMarcus a #1 pick and Matt Flynn is the backup in Green Bay. I don't see how any QB wouldn't want to come to LSU with all the talent we have. With a developed QB, we'll see an offense like the one we had in 2006 and 2007 (broke LSU records)

6. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Les dose not hinder good QB recruits people. Y'all are forgetting that we have recruited some highly ranked QBs since old Les has been with us. They have just not worked out. Either they didn't developed like we thought, transferred where they knew they would have a starting gig, or left to play pro ball.

Also, Les is not the reason for or run first and often approach this year. We don't pass a lot this season because the current QB f*cks it up. If JJ was executing we would air it out and have a good balance in our offense. No doubt.

I think the little boobie grabber will do well here, and possible start next year if he transfers. Which I think he will.

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

ohhhh boy, here we go again. :hihi:

8. Purple & Gold

Purple & Gold Founding Member

Read somewhere he will visit for LSU/Ole Miss game....must not have a game that weekend.

9. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

If I were Mettenberger, I’d make my commitment contingent upon Miles firing both Crowton and Studrawa at the end of the season. If Miles doesn’t fire them at the end of the season, then I would go play somewhere else. There is no way I would let Crowton ruin my playing career.

1 person likes this.
  10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

We also need a semi-competent OC working with that QB, which we clearly don't have right now.