Zach Mettenberger vs Marcus Mariota

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, May 16, 2015.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I saw it, that's the throw I was referencing earlier he had another one to the receiver from Missouri on an out route......both were laser beams.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

QB has too short a shelf life. He will be lucky to get one more shot and if he does he'd best make the best of it. He is more than likely finished as a starter. Too much new blood around the corner, the next big thing.

3. tigerchick46

Are you ever positive about anything?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't call for the end of his career that quick. QB's are always getting hurt and Mett has shown enough to be of value to somebody. If he goes to a bad team with no O Line he could get killed with his lack of mobility, though. Thats why I said Denver would be perfect if this is going to be Manning's last season.

5. shane0911

Sure I am. But this ain't one of em. Would I like to see him start, of course, hell I want him to win the job instead of the duck. Trouble is they took the duck at #2 and the GM / Coach has to figure out how to justify that pick if he us riding pine.

So where does he go? Mett that is. Who needs a QB? Denver soon, what about Pitt? Will Hoyer work out in Houston? It's not a negative opinion it's a real one, especially for a QB that has concrete shoes. I love the kid, just wish he could run.

6. shane0911

Not the end of his career, just likely that of his days as a starter. Like I just told TC, I love the kid but history doesn't hold out much for him. Hope I'm wrong.

7. tigerchick46

If Mallet and Flynn have hung around this long still getting NFL money, he isn't finished after this job. He's got a better arm than both and the feet of Tom Brady.

8. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

As long as Mett stays healthy there will always be a spot for him in the NFL. He is a smart QB with a quality arm. Personally I think his ceiling is incredibly high he just needs to land a spot on a the right team.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no Im just going by what I see. and if he keeps looking like the starter, someone will pick him up that needs a starter. and many teams will/do.

theres no way someone with his arm will be sitting as a backup like flynn for 8 years. its like a 95mph pitcher. he will get chances based on arm strength alone. and hes been accurate as well. hopefully he can stay composed in meaningful games. hes still learning but would be starting over mariota if not for the contract. i told lasalle this before they took a snap. unfortunately, thats how this is going to play out.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  10. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I've heard on multiple shows that the word around the league is that he will land as a starter somewhere.