Zach Mettenberger was the victim of a sucker punch

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jul 21, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Titans rookie quarterback Zach Mettenberger was the victim of a sucker punch during an incident over the weekend at a popular Nashville nightspot, according to its owner.

Steve Ford, owner of Losers Most Wanted Bar & Grill on Division Street, said Mettenberger did nothing to provoke another bar patron, but the 6-foot-5, 224-pound quarterback ended up getting punched in the face. He did not require medical attention.

"Here's the truth: The guy said something about 'Roll Tide!' to Zach, and Zach turned around and said 'Good luck with that,' " Ford said on Monday. "And the guy's buddy then sucker-punched Zach.

"I promise you that Mettenberger did not throw a punch. He didn't do anything. The guy sucker-punched him in the eye, that's the bottom line, and the guy that punched him started running out the door. My door guys had to chase him down."

The Titans declined comment on Monday.

Mettenberger, a former LSU player, was a sixth-round pick of the Titans in May. Alabama has beaten LSU three straight times in football, including the 2012 BCS National Championship Game. LSU defeated Alabama earlier that season.

Mettenberger played in five games with no starts in 2011 before taking over as the full-time starter in 2012.

Titans quarterback Zach Mettenberger (7) throws a pass during Titans rookie mini camp on Friday May 16, 2014. (Photo: Shelley Mays/The Tennessean)
    On Sunday night, Mettenberger cleared up a fan message-board rumor that indicated he'd broken his hand in an incident at a local bar.

"Bogus rumor," Mettenberger said in a direct message via Twitter.

Ford, who owns eight bars in Nashville, said Mettenberger and Titans first-round pick Taylor Lewan have visited Losers and they have "never done anything wrong." Lewan posted on Twitter on Saturday that he was also at Loser's.

Don Aaron, spokesman for the Nashville Metro Police Department, said there were no incident reports for Losers over the weekend. Ford said the "door guys" at the bar chased down the alleged puncher, but neither the bar nor Mettenberger plans to press charges.

"It is what it is and it's over. No one is pressing charges," Ford said. "It shouldn't have happened to begin with. The guy said 'Roll Tide.' He tried to provoke him. But Zach did not throw one punch, period. I was standing right next to him.

"I know in 15 years being in the bar business, I know that everyone is trying to provoke someone who is a moving billboard. I don't care if they are country music, a rapper, football players or whatever. Everybody is trying to push somebody's buttons. It is a lawsuit jungle out there."

Mettenberger and the rest of his Titans teammates are scheduled to report for training camp on Friday. The first practice is scheduled for 9:20 a.m. Saturday at Saint Thomas Sports Park. It is open to the public.

2. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Just saw that .... stay classy Bama, stay classy

Richdog likes this.
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Typical gump. Probably went out and poisoned a few trees afterwards or rubbed his privates on another man.

Richdog likes this.
  4. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

You mean the tea bagging or just playing sword duels with his cousin?

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Either one is highly possible\probable.

Richdog and VampMuse like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Typical fucking Updyke gumps. The ultimate personification of an Alabama fan. Pussy.

Richdog and b_leblanc like this.
  7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Why is it that it's always a Bama fan who makes the national news? Fucking trailer trash, man.

Let's see here....
    Updyke
    Teabagger
    Psycho mom at OU game in Dome
    Sucker punch guy

I'm sure there are a few more.

b_leblanc likes this.
  8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Bama fans all over the internet trying to deflect criticism of their fanbase. Man, between the shootings, stadium sabotaging, attacking other fans, etc they are off the charts.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's because they are so fucking pathetic that's all they have, it makes perfect sense to me. What else does that state have?

Seriously let's play a game name the top 4 thoughts that come to your mind when you think of Alabama.

Football
    Trailers
    Fat people
    Forrest Gump

In fact the next 5 thoughts all involve 2 and 3 in some way.

I pity them, they are sad and pathetic

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

BayouBengal014 likes this.