Zion Train is Coming Our Way

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal B, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good idea but I doubt the T-Wolves would go for it. They are in tank mode now. Naz is a 2nd round pick and Hayes a 1st round. Minnesota would have to pick up a higher salary as well as the fact that players drafted in the 1st round have contracts that are guaranteed for 3 years. Best we cam hope for is that they cut him and the Pels pick him up on the cheap. I like Hayes from what I saw in preseason but I don't think he fits into their long range plans to build a team that can go deep in the playoffs.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

jaxson hayes is all length and athleticism and no skill. the NBA is not a league for learning to pass dribble and shoot. naz reid on the other hand, already is a shooter and a good passer. i think it was a tragic overlook to let him go undrafted. big men have to be able to play on the perimeter. naz reid stands at the top of the key, catches the ball, and makes a smart pass. hayes cannot handle or dribble the ball at all. he also cannot shoot. he can definitely grab a rebound or lob that is really far from the hoop and dunk it. but that happens once every other game. naz reid shoots threes as a decent clip.

naz reid is a poor mans nikola jokic. jokic is all skills and no athleticism. good passing big men are rare and awesome. i think naz reid will have a long career. and thats saying something for an undrafted guy.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this sucks even if they start the season back up it took away the pels chances to climb back in it, when they were definitely doing

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Zion is going to cover the pay of all Smoothie King Center workers for the next 30 days.

APPTiger likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

looks like we have not seen the last zion nuclear bomb dunk of the year. the pels are in this new plan for playing at disney.

the disney plan is really perfect. they have a zillion hotels, multiple small arenas set up for broadcasting, infinite services of any kind. the espn wide world of sports disney complex is a zillion dollar facility that seems so perfect its as if was built for this exact event.

disney owns so much land its like a small country they can isolate. lets play ball

mctiger and APPTiger like this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Other than paying state property taxes and using state-approved elevator inspectors, Disney World is completely autonymous, its practically its own state. Last time I went - its been about 20 years - I told my wife, when they talk about doing something new here, I bet "what will it cost" never enters into the discussion.

Definitely ready to see the Pels back on the court. They may not overcome the gap to make the playoffs, but I like their direction right now.

APPTiger likes this.
  7. mctiger

ESPN reporting that Zion has left the NBA "bubble" in Orlando for an urgent personal matter. Doesn't say how long he will be out and its expected he will come back, but his leaving the bubble could affect his availability, at least in the beginning of the season.

8. mctiger

Watched most of the Pelicans game last night. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. Peace was limited to 15 minutes because of his time out of the bubble, but still showed some of that chemistry he developed with Equality before the break. Equality, the point guard we got from the Lakers; not Equality, the rookie center from Texas. Very frustrating that they didn't even try to go into the paint. It was just Freedom and Equality and Equality (#55) and Say Their Names and Say Their Names (the other one) and Say Their Names (the other one) jacking up 3's all night.

Bengal B, Jmg and kcal like this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And Bubba the fascist pig finishes it off with a jam in the paint.