Zion Train is Coming Our Way

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal B, Oct 9, 2019.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The Athletic reporting that "some of Zion's family members" want him out of nola. That didn't take long.

kcal likes this.
  2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I’m beginning to think the NBA is a lost cause in NOLA. Barring an unexpected run. As soon as we get a great player, the “outside forces” are tearing them away from here. Screw the NBA. Lebron and his cancel culture cult can just fade away. Good riddance!

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. mctiger

As I understand it, the franchise has a great deal from the state, so financially doesn't make sense to move the team. That said, I think they could be in big trouble if they blow this hire. I really don't think they need to do much with the roster, the injury situation over the last 20 games borders on the absurd, but they were still in the playoff picture until the last few games. But they have got to nail this coaching hire and convince Zion and his handlers that this franchise is viable. You can't have yet another superstar get disgruntled and demand a trade. (To hell with Day-to-Davis, but I never understood CP3's wanting out. The year before, with a healthy roster, they rolled the Mavs in the first round and took the eventual champion Spurs to Game 7. The way Lebron influenced him bordered on tampering, and the NBA allowing it to happen was criminal).

GiantDuckFan and fanatic like this.
  4. mctiger

10th pick. Some possibilities, Mitchell from Baylor, Moody from Arkansas, Bouknight from UConn.

5. mctiger

Rumor mill says Pels are willing to give up BI and some of their stockpile of 1's for Damian Lillard.

6. mctiger

Now official; Willie Green is new head coach of the Pels.