Zurich Classic

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by bhelmLSU, Mar 23, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I heard this is a blast and I am trying to make it out this year. I hear they have restraunts from all over the area serving food and the field looks strong this year. Only $25 a day or $100 for a 4 day pass. For all the seniors out there, only $25 for the pass. I also heard you can get free passes with purchases at your local golf shops in years past.

Here is the schedule and other info for March 27-30th:

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/16930691.html?showAll=y&c=y

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Just a question...

Why don't they move it back to English Turn? The golfers hate the TPC course with a passion and they would get a lot of bigger names if they did it. Just a thought.

The tournament itself is a blast and I would recommend for anyone that has never been to go.

3. clair

clair Rockets

tournament is def a blast to attend, but they need to do something... anything... to draw more players. 14 in the Top 47 is probably one of the worst ratios of any tournament on the schedule.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Sounds poor. A few years back, seems I heard a lot of players talking about the great hospitality and food, and they seemed to like it. Seemed like it was moving forward.

As TB3 says, maybe it's the venue. I remember hearing about English Turn on TV, I didn't even know they had moved it. Maybe since the hurricane, not as many people to help out with organization?

I hope things pick up!

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

The people that run the tournament do a great job. It is the lack of premier players that diminish it, and I know more would come if they changed courses. They will never have a top field unless the date of the tournament changes but it could be better.

Again, I have a great time going down there and and would still go every year if I could. The staff does a tremendous job.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I think it was moved a year or 2 before Katrina and it moved there a year or 2 after the TPC opened. I have played both and I like the TPC a little better. The date of the tourney doesn't help them at all.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

It's in a bad spot on the schedule. Right after a WGC event and 2 weeks prior to the Masters.

As has been mentioned previously, the venues have been criticized severely.

It's one of the few events Tiger has never played. Rumor has it organizers tried to rip him off on a clinic he conducted years ago.

8. clair

clair Rockets

I could be wrong, but if I remember right, they moved it to the TPC of Louisiana in hopes of getting in the rotation for the PGA Championship.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I am fairly sure I remember them saying that.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The odds are somewhere between slim & none. The venue and New Orleans in August are 2 strikes.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I went saw it when it was at English Turn. That was the year David Toms won it. Would like to go back. If Tiger ever decides to play the tournament I would.