Are Miles' days at LSU really numbered?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Nov 18, 2015.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Came across this article today from The Advocate. It would appear the powers that be have lost patience with Miles:

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/14016697-128/rabalais-strong-indications-lsu-coach

Here's a quote from the article:

"It’s early yet, relatively speaking, and as can be expected, no one is eager to go public regarding Miles’ future at this point. But 25 years of covering LSU, cultivating a variety of knowledgeable sources, have led this writer to believe that there is a serious threat to Miles’ tenure here...But in the span of just two Saturdays, with two humbling losses to Alabama and Arkansas, the ice has thinned under Miles’ feet to the point where strong indications are that he will be coaching for his very job at Ole Miss on Saturday and the week after that against Texas A&M."

I know we have multiple threads related to this; mods feel free to merge if necessary. Wanted to make sure this was noticed, as there's now a beat writer "beating this drum," so to speak. Perhaps it's clickbait on The Advocate's part. In any case, it does appear that there is some movement behind the scenes.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Odds are he's safe for at least one more season, possibly let him finish out his contract. But if he's losing the support of the big money folks, then the writing's on the wall for his long-term future.

Richdog likes this.
  3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I'm willing to see what he does with one more season. We are a little young right now. With Fournette and Harris as Juniors and hopefully a wealth of returning starters on D, we will be in a better position. Let's not forget Steele and Orgeron will have another year under their belts with these players. If he can't put it together with that talent and experience, then he should probably be gone.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Its a huge buyout, he is safe right now, but i think he has to win the SEC next year with this team.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

13-9 in SEC play over the last 4 years. If we lose the next 2, 13-11 in SEC over the last 4, 9-9 in the West. That's all you need to know.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I can assure you, no one is paying a $15 million buyout. Miles is going nowhere through 2017 at least.

Whether you like Miles or not, Alleva screwed the pooch here. 3 years ago, Miles leveraged Arkansas's interest in him as head coach into a raise, extension and higher buyout. Read that sentence again. Miles was able to threaten Alleva with going to FUCKING ARKANSAS and get a raise, extension and higher buyout. At the time, I said the whole thing was insane and Alleva was an idiot. It doesn't matter if you support your coach or not, you need maximum flexibility and Alleva blinked because he thought after Miles turned down Michigan three times that he would suddenly pack up and go to Fayetteville. That kind of stupidity is unfathomable to me.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol we owe 17 million. im really not sure why les is working harder. hes safe for 2 years.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The SEC will cut LSU a check somewhere around 30 million for their share in the SEC. Also Miles' buyout doesn't have to be paid all up front it's paid over an 8 year span.

b_leblanc and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

oh so thats our big money booster that never existed.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You will know all you need to know at the end of the year if they roll the contract the way they have done every year since he has been here. If they dont, oh boy if they don't then I'd say the heat is on.