Are Miles' days at LSU really numbered?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Nov 18, 2015.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

That's Dallas though. This is BR. And I think certain people have problems with paying a guy they presumably don't like at all $15 million to go away. I'm not saying it's insurmountable if it was needed but we're going to win out and finish 11th in the final poll so it's a moot point.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That was Saban's fault - I mean the doctor's in Saban's employ.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That's within the realm of possibility. Is it within the realm of likely? Probably more like possible.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

LSU had two W's in the bank but coaching loss both games. LSU is right there with Bama in terms of potential talent. The difference is Saban > Miles. Saban and staff are doing a better job at choosing talent as well as cultivating it. Plus Miles is stuck in the 80's, while Saban adapts. Miles also often times does not have his team prepared.

LSU_4_LIFE, Tiredoflosing and fanatic like this.
  5. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Hilarious . First of all don't assume what I'm going to do. My 'loyalty' isn't the issue. What is this 'Goonies'?? Are we in some kind of Treehouse Club?? You can't stay frozen in mediocrity because of what another program even Bama- the Evil Empire - might choose to do in response to our personnel decisions.
    You suffer from Bama paranoia. I have news for you, Chipper. Arkansas kicked our ass too. Maybe we should just stop showing up to play teams wearing red.

6. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Eh , but if Daunte had been any good - and not walked out of practices telling Saban to fuck off - Nick would still be in NFL, and Leslie would probably have two national championships . It's the 'butterfly effect.'

7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I hated that movie.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Figured that's where you were going with that

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Why it's baffling to think LSU could part with Les Miles

"I was ready to completely mock this question until The Baton Rouge Advocate's Scott Rabalais, as connected as they come on the LSU beat, wrote a column Tuesday night saying "strong indications are that he [Miles] will be coaching for his very job" these next two games against Ole Miss and Texas A&M — which seems absolutely baffling. But then again, there's been a faction of the LSU fan base calling for his head nearly every time he's lost a game there the past 11 years, and particularly since that galling 21-0 loss to Alabama in the 2011 BCS title game.Be careful what you wish for, LSU fans.

Miles has won nearly 70 percent of his SEC games and finished in the Top 20 in all but two of his first 10 seasons. Furthermore, he's sitting on the No. 1 recruiting class in the country and will bring back Leonard Fournette, Malachi Dupre, and a host of other stars in 2016. This is hardly a broken program. In fact, I seem to recall LSU reaching No. 2 in the playoff rankings ... what was it? ... Oh yeah, that's right. Two weeks ago!

Get a grip, people."

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes, and that will probably have more to with why he won't be fired than any buyout. But that also doesn't mean there aren't serious problems in he program or that Miles' self inflicted wounds aren't thinning the ice under his feet. The heat under Miles seat is his fault and we'll deserved. Calling for his head now is a little premature, but if he doesn't wake up from his slumber he'll have no one to blame but himself when he's shown the door.

GregLSU, LSU_4_LIFE and ParadiseiNC like this.