CFN Auburn Preview - Chip on their shoulders?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Apr 20, 2005.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

That's a pretty bold statement given that they punked your A$$e$ when you had Jason, Cadillac, Ronnie etc. While you say that I'll say the opposite in that no way GT loses to Auburn. Caddy, you are welcome in on the wager me and Proud have going for this game.

2. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

Personally, I don't expect another undefeated season, but I think it will be a success. If you pressed me today, I would say that LSU and UGA would be our two losses. But they should be competitive games, which should land us in a New's Year Day bowl. The key is a strong start by the defense and the new running backs, giving Cox time to mature and get comfortable being the man on offense. If we have to pass to beat GA Tech, it might be a long day/season.

Obviously, if we lose the two games above, LSU has to lose thrice to get my Tigers back to Atlanta and I don't see that happening with the schedule the way it is. So, congrats on the SEC west title, LSU! Oh, wait, we still have to play the season...:yelwink2:

No way we finish worse than second in the West. I know some of you think Bama will be back, but be careful in your predictions. They are still woefully thin in depth.

3. BB

BB Founding Member

I'm not buying the hype either. This Bama love is Media Trendy at its best. People hear it, accept it, and then, unfortunately, repeat it over and over again. The journalists have backed off of hyping Tennessee since the recent prison riot, but they are still french kissing the Crimson Cheaters like there's no tomorrow...

4. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I doubt Bama is that great either but with that said I still expect them to beat Auburn.

Auburn will be lucky to win 8 games next year.

I know, I know...Aubbies...you have great talented to fill in for all 3 of your saviors on offense and Rogers on defense....spare us

5. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

I can see a 10-1 to a 7-4 season, depending on how some young players mature as the season progresses. That is what makes the college football season so damn entertaining.

I see no less than 9-2 for LSU. If they lose 2 games it will surprise me. At the same time, I hold out hope that somehow we can travel down to BR and spring a surprise on y'all. In the words of Shug Jordan, "Always remember that Goliath was a 40 point favorie over little David."

6. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

That would not surprise me. Growing pains are a sure bet with an entirely new coaching staff.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

yeah well, given that we don't have an entirely new coaching staff, i guess we don't have to worry about that! :D