Championship teams win ugly...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EastBankTiger, Nov 22, 2003.

1. EastBankTiger

EastBankTiger Founding Member

if you're complaining - this is the type of game that the Tigers would lose in past years. Ole Miss had every advantage you could think of - questionable calls, home field, field position, winning the turnover battle, etc. Yet somehow, the Tigers found a way to get it done. Was it an artistic success? Certainly not. Will I enjoy watching the replays nonetheless? YOU BET YOUR ASS...

2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Damned right. I just saw Hunt popping the crud out of that Espy guy on a replay on ESPN. WHAP! :D :D :D

3. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I do agree that championship teams win ugly, in fact I think any team that can go undefeated or through their season with 1 loss should be rewarded regardless of schedule or how they win. But plenty here thought Ohio St and TCU just plain sucked b/c they were winning close games against supposedly lesser teams.

My point is that this guy is right. Good/Great teams find way to win, even when you are having trouble with a team ranked lower and you have to count on heart more than talent to pull it out. Okla, SC, and LSU have proved they deserve to be ranked where they are and all three UP TO THIS POINT deserve to play for the national title.

10-1, I'd say it has been a great year so far.