Discussion: Is the Holy Roman Catholic Church the only true Christian church?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUDeek, Apr 19, 2005.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I have seen this, yes, the force is strong in these two. powerful are the ways of the dark side..................

striking resemblance.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I always liked a smiling Pope. Ol' John Paul I was a good one for that.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

the solution to your argument is that you both say "i have faith that i am right".

its not like you can check some lab results or evidence or actually know the proper procedures.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I think a papacy under him would have been intresting. He was the polar opposite of his JP II.

5. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

I'm of the same belief. I also believe you can be an atheist, but if you are a good person and live a giving life (like Jesus) you'll find your way to heaven.

And, if Hell is anything like Dante envisioned, I believe Televangelist will be in the lowest ring of hell -- right above Michael Jackson and other child abusers.

And, I don't think your "position" in any major religion will save you. If the Pope was complicit in the hiding of pedophile priest (as I believe he was), I think he'll go straight to hell. I'm absolutely convinced that Archbishop Alfrad Hughes got his "promotion" to Archbishop of New Orleans because he did EXACTLY what PJPII instructed him to do -- MOVE AROUND AND HIDE THE PEDOPHILE PRIEST WHICH ALLOWED THEM TO RAPE AND MOLEST MORE AND MORE CHILDREN.

IF I'm right, I think they'll be a special ring of hell just for PJPII, Alfread Hughes and Cardinal Law where they can wallow in misery with the sick F*(&K pedophile priest they sought to protect.

6. LSUsupaFan

There has been NO connection to the American sex abuse scandal to the late Pope John Paul II. I don't know what agenda you have in slandering the lae Holy Father, but you need mental help. I pray for you.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

supa, people who are not catholic have no reason to think of the pope as sacred, he is just another dude to us, so we talk of him like we would any other dude. we dont need "mental help" for not respecting him, especially given the problems his church had under his watch.

8. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I don't believe that at all. I believe the only way to go to heaven is through Jesus.
    Now you may be right, who knows because like Martin said, all we have is faith there are no lab studies to back us up. However, I say the Bible is the final authority on how to get to Heaven and it says the only way is through Jesus.

9. LSUsupaFan

Slanderizing a holy man and associating him directly with a scandal he had nothing to do with is wrong. The problems of the American Church were horrid and disgusting. The harm done to the Church here is near irrepairable, but again it was the failings of 5 Bishhps and about 250 priests that resulted in the scandal. For Bud to suggest that John Paul II new about these failings and promoted those who were responsible for them is sick.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

see, from other people's perspectives, he isnt "holy". like i said, he is just another dude, much like the billions of other dudes.

besides, bud said "IF I'm right". you cant really slander people with your perspective. slandering is announcing false things as fact.