Gotta love it

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Purple Jungle, May 25, 2003.

1. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

NexSCAR is on lap 84 of 400. Maybe when they're done in 8 hours, they'll put the game on.

2. Jack

Jack Member

Wow! Watching a car drive in a circle for 400 times. What fun!

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They only drove in a circle 276 times. The Coca-Cola 600 was stopped after an extended rain delay. Jimmie Johnson was the winner after being moved back to the 43rd starting position because he blew his motor in Saturday practice and had to put a new one in his race car.

Wanna know why NASCAR is so popular? Not everybody played football, basketball or baseball and a lot of those of us who have played in our youth no longer play. A lot of people can take golf or leave it alone but - EVERYBODY DRIVES A CAR! No matter whether you drive a Corvette, a Hyundai, a pickup truck, SUV or whatever try driving from New Orleans to Baton Rouge on I-10 during the rush hours of say 4 PM to 6 PM. The flow of traffic is not less than 80 miles per hour and its bumper to bumper. No matter whether you try to drive 70 or 90 there is a lot of manuvering for position. Maybe you love it or maybe you hate it but you have to admire the skills of the guys who do it at speeds of up to 200 miles per hour while racing against cars that are at times only a few inches ahead, behind or to the sides of them

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

But they don't have to worry about those other cars stopping or turning without signaling. They ought to make it more realistic. Put a couple of women drivers on the track. One is driving with her right turn signal on and talking on the phone while the other is trying to apply her mascara and weaving from side to side. Then, put a geezer in the left lane going half the speed of everyone else.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The geezer driving slow would end up winning the race after he caused all the other cars to crash

6. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

But Darrell Waltrip's retired now. :D

Just kidding...I like DW.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

First and most important. SabanFan, I've been reading your threads for a while now and you are one of the funniest Mo Fo's I have seen. Where do you come up with some of the $hit!!!:D :D :

To the point of the thread. So assuming NASCAR is a sport doesn that mean we will see Jeff Gordon's Blue and Orange Dupont car as one of the "Top 50 Athletes in American History". Hell Secritariat made it why can't a V-8? I do have to acknowledge it does take a big set of nuts to drive 200 mph around a track 3" behind someone else. Does that make you an athlete or a lunatic?:wink:

8. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I don't think we need to pursue this any further. I love sports and I include racing in that. I love the competition.

There are good arguments for racing being considered a sport just like any other. It IS the ultimate team sport, in my opinion.

But I'll take an LSU football game over NASCAR any day.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Awwwww Shucks, Hub. You're making me blush. My wife says I'm a smartass. I guess she's right.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Forget Darrell Waltrip's wins and Winston Cup Championship. DW paved his way to immortality when he came up with Boogity,Boogity,Boogity