Greg Studrawa: stats while he was OC at Bowling Green (2003-2006)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger_fan, Aug 4, 2011.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

red loves him. :D

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

that's cool

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Stud put up some Petrino/Leach/Malzahn numbers up while OC at Bowling Green, so why did he end up at OL coach at LSU? here's an article that provides some insight:

4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

that was back in 2009 when our OL stunk. every other season under Stud, we've produced a 1,000-yard rusher (Hester in '07, Scott in '08, Ridley in '10), including the 2007 Championship team. nobody is calling for Stud to get fired as OL coach now, and most view our OL as a team strength

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this guy has the title in name only. dont be foolish.

long as this o-line can get a push and JJ doesnt completely collapse we should be ok.

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Called it. :D

7. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

so who is the actual OC? to me it's the guy calling the offensive plays, that's the guy playing the chess match with the opposing DC all game long. that's also the guy you put in charge of offensive game-planning as well. it's being reported that this guy is going to be Stud. sure, Miles has veto power over any play call and any game-planning he doesn't like, but he's never been one of those rare college head coaches that does his own play-calling (which is why you don't see Les carrying around a play sheet)

as for Krag being the actual OC, and all this just being lies about Stud being the play-caller, that's a possibility, but i doubt that's the case. sure i hope Krag acts as an assistant OC and helps Stud out, but i figure all coaches try to help each other out

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This. Our OL was a strength last year and should be better this year. Let's stay positive that everything will turn out well.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Les meddling was never speculation. Just a matter of degree.

But this goes on at any school where the head coach is offensive minded. Spurrier, Petrino, Brian Kelly, Houston Nutt, Mike Leach, Jim Tressel, Lane Kiffin, Urban Meyer.

Why people think Les doesnt lay the foundation for offensive philosophy just like all those guys is rather silly. He just doesn't need the attention like crybaby spurrier among others, so he lays low.

Now we have two offensive linemen/coaches calling the shots. They likely have the same philosophy. Maybe we will look like Wisconsin this year. As long as it works.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Just out of curiosity, anyone know why Omar Jacobs wasn't the starter in 2006 for his senior year? Did he declare for the draft early or get injured?