Greg Studrawa: stats while he was OC at Bowling Green (2003-2006)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger_fan, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

he declared for the draft early

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah he declared much to my dismay. I really enjoyed watching him play. he got some bad advice or he was flunking out of BG.

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

yeah, but if Les was set on a particular offensive philosophy, then why would he retain a traditional pro-style guy like Jimbo, and then replace him with an untraditional razzle-dazzle guy like Crowton, and then go back to a more traditional pro-style guy again in Krag?

it seems to me that Les (who only has 3 years exp as an offensive coordinator himself) is one of those people that follows the old philosophy of "always surround yourself with people smarter than yourself"

and i think he delegates a lot of authority to his assistants, which many will tell you is smart management

for example, here's a quote from HOF coach Barry Alvarez:

4. tirk

he delegates well but he's still the head coach with his own philosophy. jimbo reluctantly stated and was retained for transitional reasons. luckily for us and himself, he did.

crowton and miles were oil and water hence the zero identity on offense the last few years. but bad qb play plays a big part in that and could be similar this year. lets hope not.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Where did you think Urban got his swagger from. Stud :)

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

So I am curious does LSU now have an opening for an OC or is Stud now our OC.

I listened to Miles PC and he said "Its a battle field promotion" so does that mean next year Stud is our OC. I know assuming LSU offense doesnt regress which is impossible because you cannot regress from the last two years.
    Because I would have to think if Stud is a good choice that decision would have been made last year. So this has to be a stop gap. I know everyone is trying to promote Stud as a great choice, but lets face it. Had this very sad situation not happened to Krag, he wouldn't be and also if he was why wasn't he promoted in the first place....
    Which tells me he is not our OC just someone who will fill in while we look for a new Offensive Coordinator ???

So is LSU searching for an OC or will they at the end of the Season ?

7. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

what a ray of sunshine you are !

I say it will turn out well and I am getting my 1/2 full glass of beer filled right now

8. tirk

highly doubtful. consider this an interim unless Stud gets credick for putting up Pac10 type numbers in the sec. which isnt likely. or a 12-0 season.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

We got Krag because we were getting the best JUCO QB in the country and we needed a proven QB coach, it's that simple. Where we go from here is likely touch-and-go IMO. Krag may decide not to coach anymore and focus on his health, or just decide to lighten his work load and just want to be a QB coach, and if Stud does well enough he might get the promotion. Or Billy G. proves what he's made of and makes a push for the OC spot. Lots of scenarios could play out, and lots of time to make that decision.

10. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

compare to Krag's last stint as an OC, 3 years at texas a&m (which was impressive enough to Gregg Williams, head coach of the Bills, that he hired Krag to be his QB coach in 2001... similar to how Stud's performance was impressive enough to Les that he hired Stud to be his OL coach... and similar to how Les' performance as OC of Okla State was impressive enough to Jerry Jones that he hired Les to be his TE coach)

Total Offense
    2000 -- 381.64 ypg (#49) -- 776 total plays
    1999 -- 374.09 ypg (#58) -- 794 total plays
    1998 -- 312.00 ypg (#91) -- 856 total plays

Passing/Rushing Offense
    2000 -- 235.3 passing ypg (#35), 146.36 rushing ypg (#59)
    1999 -- 228.5 passing ypg (#43), 145.6 rushing ypg (#60)
    1998 -- 159.3 passing ypg (#87), 152.7 rushing ypg (#54)

Scoring Offense
    2000 -- 27.9 ppg (#46)
    1999 -- 28.9 ppg (#39)
    1998 -- 24.7 ppg (#55)

Offensive balance
    2000 -- 355 pass attempts, 421 carries
    1999 -- 327 pass attempts, 467 carries
    1998 -- 262 pass attempts, 594 carries