Greg Studrawa: stats while he was OC at Bowling Green (2003-2006)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger_fan, Aug 4, 2011.

1. tiger1192

tiger1192 Founding Member

Did Miles have final say in any of those offenses?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Drop and give me 50.

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Stud to write game plan and call plays; Krag to assist w/ both and will be in press box with Stud; pass plays will have WR coach Gonzales' thumb on it

LSU Tigers' Steve Kragthorpe has Parkinson's disease - ESPN

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

This could end up being too many cheifs and not enough Indians

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Maybe, but it sounds pretty clear that Stud is going to be the offensive head honcho. Billy G had input on Crowton's game plans, too, but it was ultimately Crowton's plan and play calling.

I think the team will be fine on offense. Krag wasn't hired to be an offensive wizard, it was to coach our QBs to become consistently competent, and it sounds like he still wants to continue in that role.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

so maybe its not a stretch that he becomes our actual OC after this year. I suppose his chances increase greatly if JJ has a good year and the offense rolls.

However, how much credit will Coach Stud get being this feels like its actually Krag's baby at the moment.

I cant imagine he's actually introducing his own playbook this late in the game.

who am I kidding. theres one playbook and it has a picture of the mad hatter on the cover.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Been that way for a while now hasn't it?

1 person likes this.
  8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I think Krag's has beome JJ's number 1 supporter, and that will not change, I think that Krag's will do "whatever" it takes to make sure that all 3 QB's know that playbook inside and out and how to execute to the best of thier ability on any given snap on any given down. I also feel that who ever Les names the starting QB, Krags will support that QB and ensure he is the best fit for our system.

With Stud calling the plays I think we will be ok. He has produced in the past, and there isnt any reason with the amount of talent he has to play with, he cant do it again. With the assistance and support of SK, BG, and LM I think Stud will be fine.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

1 extremely positive in all of this is the fact that Krags will still be the QB coach. JJ and the other QB's have said they've learned a great deal in the short time he's been in BR.

Meanwhile, Stud had a pretty similar QB to Omar Jacobs in that JJ has the ability to make plays running with the ball. There were some games last year that dispite JJ's head and arm, we wouldn't have won those games if not for JJ's legs.

If Krags can get him sorted out, I think Stud's play calling has shown the ability to really work well with someone of JJ's dual-threat ability.