Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend didn't exist

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Mezmorizor, Jan 16, 2013.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've reached the point that I only watch GameDay casually. If I catch something, I'll stop for a minute and see what they are discussing to weight the pro's and con's.

However, this is one moment I truly wish we had a college football game Saturday.

Can you imagine the signs we'd see in the crowd?!?!

fanatic and StaceyO like this.
  2. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

What because Musberger wouldn't have been slobbering over his boyfriend or fake, dead girlfriend???

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Manti, in a recent interview, stated that the family wasn't comfortable giving out pictures of the decease. When asked if it would be alright to contact the family of the deceased, he again replied, the family didn't want the attention at this time. Seems Manti has been in contact with more then an imaginary girlfriend online. Seems to have the capacity to carry on constant dialog with the entire imaginary clan. Can you say, pathological?

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I'm thinking of that old saying, "you can't make this stuff up." Well, apparently, you can!

StaceyO and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Did he really "date" this girl for two years? I can understand not meeting someone in person for a couple of months but two years is extreme.

If he continues to claim he's an innocent victim, I'd like to hear his side of how he feels about his girlfriend and if he'd finally like to meet her. He said that his love of her was not "physical" in an interview. Then, he should love her/him/it as much as ever based on their lengthy talks over the phone.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Let's step back and think for a second. People make TV shows - hell, people make careers - out of creating better practical jokes than this. This is a story for one reason: a whole lot of supposedly responsible journalists got rolled here. They didn't do their homework, didn't fact-check the story, they just reported what one person told them. Now they are trying to deflect attention from the fact that they look like idiots. Te'o may have been the victim, or he may have been complicit, but the joke was on the media.

StaceyO and wjray like this.
  7. TUSKtimes

8 major college football awards later and a runner up to the Heisman, plus numerous humanitarian and sportsman of the year awards, someone looks a little silly. Can we get a recount?

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

All of that was for what he did on the field, and that recount argument started when he met Misters Lacy and Yeldon.

9. TUSKtimes

Hard to say that's true when these awards have to do with the heart as much as the head. We have never seen all these major awards go to a singular player in the history of college football. We knew the story and it was recounted numerous times through the resurgence of the golden domers. Feel good meets historic tradition, not gushed about in the last 25 years. To eliminate the sappy soap opera that is Manti Teo, is like describing the perfect storm without the wind.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

im pretty sure he is gay.